Crockpot Kielbasa Cheesy Potatoes, otherwise known as crockpot cheesy potatoes and funeral potatoes, is the ultimate breakfast comfort food that doubles as the perfect dinner as it combines hash browns, kielbasa, onions, and cheese to create a little bit of heaven in your mouth with this creamy dish your whole family will love.
Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes
We love crockpot cheesy potatoes in our house because they are incredibly easy to make! It literally is as easy dump everything in the crockpot, place the lid on it, and cook! Once cooked you will have an easy affordable meal the whole family will love that is packed with all kinds of rich delicious flavors. It really does not get any easier than this recipe.
How to make crockpot Kielbasa cheesy Potatoes
- Spray your crockpot with canola spray.
- Add in your hash browns, kielbasa, onions, & shredded cheese into your crockpot.
- In a medium bowl, add your melted butter, cream of chicken, and milk. Mix until well combined.
- Pour cream of chicken mixture over your kielbasa & potatoes mix.
- Mix gently until all your ingredients are well combined.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours. LOW 5-6 hours.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- Don’t have frozen potatoes? You can use fresh ones, you will just need to wash, prep, and dice them. This might require a bit more cooking time.
- We prefer using diced potatoes over the shredded potatoes. If you do use shredded potatoes note that it won’t take as long for them to cook. If you cook them too long they will become mushy.
- You can easily double this recipe, just be sure to plan for extra cooking time if needed.
Store your leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. These typically will last about 4 days.
These crockpot cheesy potatoes freeze so well. My favorite thing to do is to freeze individual portions so we can pull them out and reheat as needed for breakfasts on busy school mornings.
Place your desired amount of leftovers on a microwave-safe plate. Cook in 30-second increments. Stir in between each cooking cycle.
The secret to reheating your cheesy potatoes without them getting soggy is to reheat them in the oven. Cover them with a piece of foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure they are warm all the way through.
Try these other crockpot favorites!
Crockpot Kielbasa Cheesy Potatoes, otherwise known as crockpot cheesy potatoes is the ultimate breakfast comfort food that doubles as the perfect dinner as it combines hashbrowns, kielbasa, onions, and cheese to create a little bit of heaven in your mouth with this creamy dish your whole family will love.
- 1 (32 oz) Bag of Frozen Hash Browns (chopped), defrosted, or Refrigerator Hash Browns (chopped)
- 14 oz Kielbasa, sliced
- 1 Small Onion, chopped (If your hashbrowns have onions, you can skip this ingredient)
- 2 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- 10.5 oz Can Cream of Chicken
- 1 Cup Milk
- Spray your crock pot with canola spray.
- Add your chopped kielbasa to your pot, your hash browns, onions & shredded cheese.
- In a medium bowl, add your melted butter, cream of chicken & milk. Blend well.
- Pour mixture over your kielbasa, potatoes, cheese & onions. Mix gently to combine well.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hoursss.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 490Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 1164mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 17g