Air Fryer Banana Cake is the perfect way to use up ripe bananas. The tender sweet cake is loaded with banana flavor in every decadent bite.
Air Fryer Banana Cake
My air fryer is one of my favorite items to use in the kitchen. It has transformed dinner time, lunches, and even desserts.
How to Make
Step 1: Start by mixing up your butter and sugar. I recommend using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
You want to mix for a few minutes so it gets nice and creamy.
Step 2: Then you will finish adding wet along with your mashed up banana.
Step 3: Next you will go ahead and incorporate the dry ingredients and then whip up the batter.
Step 4: Pour into a greased pan and bake in the air fryer as directed.
How to Know When Banana Cake Is Done
You will know when your cake is done by sticking a toothpick in the center. Once you lift the toothpick out you should see the toothpick to be clean. If you see wet batter still continue to cook until the cake is fully cooked.
How to Serve
- Dust with powdered sugar or even cocoa
- Make a cream cheese frosting to slather on
- Pair with whipped cream
- Add a big scoop of ice cream
- Drizzle with caramel sauce
As you can see you have endless ways to make and serve up the banana cake.
I love the cream cheese frosting on this cake. So good and easy.
Storing Banana Cake
Banana cake with cream cheese frosting needs to be refrigerated. The cream cheese frosting is perishable so it would spoil if left out in the counter.
When storing the cake in the fridge just make sure you cover it good. Otherwise, odors could seep into the cake and alter the flavor.
Freezing Banana Cake with Frosting
This banana cake with frosting freezes well. You can freeze them whole or pre-slice the cake then store them in the freezer.
Or if you want you can freeze the cake whole. Just make sure you use the proper container.
Then just place the cake in the fridge the night before you plan to serve. That way it can thaw.
Variations to Recipe
If you want to go a step farther with the cake here are a few more ideas to consider.
- Add in some pecans or walnuts to cake batter.
- Toss in ½ cup of chocolate chips to batter.
- Mix in some blueberries or other fruit for a mix of flavor.
How to Ripen Bananas Fast
Ripe bananas are a must for making baked goods. If you want to make this recipe but don’t have brown speckled bananas use this trick.
Preheat the oven to 225 degrees. Place the banana on a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes. Flip the banana and then cook an additional 10-15 minutes.
You want your peel to turn black. Once it is done allow it to sit for 30 minutes to an hour. Then peel and mush up as directed in the recipe card.
Air Fryer Banana Cake is the perfect way to use up ripe bananas. Tender sweet cake that is loaded with banana flavor in every decadent bite.
- 3 Banana mashed
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 7 TBSPS Butter, room temperature
- 4 TBSP Honey
- 2 Egg
- 2 Cup Self Rising Flour
- 2 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Salt
- CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 2 TBSP Butter, room temperature
- 2 Ounces, Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 TBSP Heavy Cream
- Preheat air fryer to 330 degrees.
- Spray a pan* that fits your air fryer with canola spray.
- Beat butter & sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, add bananas. Mash them with the back of a spoon.
- Add in the eggs & honey. Mix well.
- Add banana mixture to the butter mixture.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add in flour, cinnamon & salt. Mix well.
- Pour into your pan.
- Place in your air fryer. Air fry for 14 minutes. Check the pan and rotate the pan if possible.
- If the top is starting to brown too much you can cover it with aluminum foil.
- Air fry for another 14 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick to see if your cake is done. If not done in 28 minutes, it may only need a couple more minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and allow to cool a bit.
- Make the CREAM CHEESE ICING.
- Microwave cream cheese & butter in a bowl for 7 seconds. Stir and return to the microwave.
- Microwave for another 7 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Add in powdered sugar & vanilla.
- Whisk in heavy cream and stir until smooth and a thin enough consistency to drizzle.
- Drizzle icing over the cake. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 484Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 821mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 2gSugar: 46gProtein: 6g