These Air Fryer Potato Wedges are seasoned and air fried to crispy perfection. Toss in olive oil and seasonings for the perfect Air Fryer Steak Fries – tasty to dip in ranch or serve as a side dish! My favorite way to make steak fries is to make my steak fries in the air fryer.
Steak Fries In The Air Fryer
The perfect Potato Wedges are nice and crispy on the outside with a bunch of seasonings, but soft and tender on the inside to create the perfect bite in your mouth of flavor and texture. Rather than getting take out or turning on the oven, I tried making these in the air fryer, and I did not regret it!
Anyone who reads my blog knows that I love to make cooking easy with small appliances that anyone can use with ingredients that everyone has. The Air Fryer works overtime in my kitchen! Try my Air Fryer Crab Cakes or pair these Air Fryer Potato Wedges with my Air Fryer Turkey Meatloaf. Nothing makes for a quick and easy dinner like using the air fryer!
What do I need to get started?
- Russet potatoes, cut into wedges.
- Olive oil.
- Smoked paprika. There IS a difference between all the different paprika’s in the spice aisle! If you really only have standard paprika that will work too, but I love the taste of smoked paprika.
- Garlic powder.
- Onion powder.
- Freshly cracked black pepper.
How to make Air Fryer Steak Fries
Start with cutting the potatoes into wedges. Slice the potato lengthwise, then place the cut side down on the cutting board. Cut the halves in half, then take the potato quarters and slice one more time straight down the middle to make a potato wedge.
Make an ice water bath in a large bowl and place the potatoes in the bath for at least 30 minutes. This may seem like a pointless step but it is very important if you want crispy wedges!
Once the potatoes have been in the bath for 30 minutes, preheat the air fryer. Drain the potatoes and pat dry with a paper towel. In a bowl, add the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk until just combined.
Add the potatoes to the olive oil mixture and toss until the potatoes are fully coated.
Place the potato wedges in the air fryer basket in a single layer. You want to make sure the wedges are not touching and are not over-crowded – you might need to cook in batches.
The Air Fryer Steak Fries has a cook time of about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through or shaking the basket periodically.
Serve the potato wedges immediately – they are best eaten hot and fresh!
Storage and Freezing
These Air Fryer Potato Wedges can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat, cook the potato wedges in the air fryer for 4-5 minutes to heat them back up and get some of the crisp back.
What to serve with Air Fryer Potato Wedges
These wedges are totally delicious on their own, but they pair beautifully with so many different things!
- Serve with a burger for a nice bistro meal right at home. Try with my Cheeseburger Sliders.
- Pair with fried fish for fish and chips right at home.
- Dip in ketchup or tartar sauce.
- These are a lovely side to anything breaded!
Tips and Tricks
- You can use frozen steak fries in this recipe. Thaw at room temperature and skip the ice water bath and tossing in olive oil. Cook the potato wedges in the air fryer for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle on some parmesan and parsley immediately after cooking for some extra color and flavor.
- Add a bit of malt vinegar to the olive oil mixture for a bit of deeper flavor.
These Air Fryer Potato Wedges are seasoned and air fried to crispy perfection. Toss in olive oil and seasonings for the perfect Air Fryer Steak Fries - tasty to dip in ranch or serve as a side dish! My favorite way to make steak fries is to make my steak fries in the air fryer.
- 1lb russet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- After cutting the russet potatoes into wedges, soak in an ice water bath for at least 30 minutes. This will help to release some of the starches and make them crispier later on.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400℉. Drain the potato wedges and pat dry. In a medium size mixing bowl add the olive oil, smoked paprika, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper, whisk to combine. Add the potato wedges and toss until fully coated.
- Add the potato wedges to the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. If necessary, cook the wedges in batches.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g