Slow Cooker Beef Tips
I love a quick prep meal for dinner. I can throw this dish together in minutes and then head out the door for the day. Then when I arrive home that night I have a home cooked meal waiting for me.
If you love simple prep dinners, need new crock pot recipes to try, or just craving beef tips, this recipe is awesome.
How to Make
Step 1: Start by adding your diced up stew meat on the bottom of slow cooker.
Step 2: Then in a bowl mix up the rest of the ingredients. Pour over the meat and cook as directed in printable recipe below!
How to Serve Beef Tips Up
- Serve your beef tips over a bed of rice
- Mashed potatoes underneath meat
- Roasted or steamed vegetable
Make any of your favorite sides. Or have this dish as a meal in one.
Can I Use A Roast
If you don’t have pre cut stew meat go right ahead and use a roast or other cut of beef. Simply cut meat into cubes just as you would stew meat.
This will allow all the flavors to really blend with the sauce. That way you get a delicious and rich beef.
Just remember since you are cooking your meat low and slow it is okay to use a lower grade meat as it tenderizes as it simmers all day.
Can I Put More Vegetables in Beef Tips
Go right ahead and add in come broccoli, fresh mushrooms or even green beans. Now you can pick and choose what you want.
I have added broccoli in around 2 hours before serving and it was delicious. It soaked up the rich bright sauce.
Crock pot Beef Tips can be stored in the refrigerator once you are done making it and have leftovers.
Use airtight containers or even bag to store meat and gravy. Then just pop in the microwave reheat. Or you can warm it up in then oven as well.
In terms of freezing I have not tried. I would imagine it freezes and thaws evenly. Just allow the mixture to cool a bit.
Transfer to container and then store in the fridge or freezer. Then reheat in love way or over food we’ll toss in oven.
5 pantry staple ingredients are all you need for this slow cooker beef tips! Seasoned stew meat that is seasoned to perfection! Serve over a bed of mashed potatoes, rice, or even cauliflower mash.
- 2 LBS Stew Meat
- 1 Can (10.5 oz) Cream of Mushroom
- 1 (.87 OZ) Packet Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 (1 OZ) Packet Onion Soup Mix
- 1 Small Can of Mushrooms or a Package of Fresh Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Cup Water
- Put Meat into the bottom of your crock pot.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cream of mushroom, gravy mix, lipton soup mix, & water. Mix well.
- Add in the mushrooms and mix to combine.
- Pour mixture over your stew meat. Use a spoon to mix the mixture so all the meat is coated well.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 - 5 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 402mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 50g