Taco Pizza is the perfect pizza night recipe. You have a flaky pizza crust that is piled with refried beans, seasoned ground beef, and piled high with lettuce and tomatoes. This is the ultimate taco pizza recipe.
If you want more pizza inspiration, I have a few more recipes to try out. Garlic bread Margherita pizza, keto pizza chicken, or even this garlic bread pizza dip.
Cravings tacos but want pizza too? Whip up this easy taco pizza recipe and enjoy both at one time. Skip ordering expensive takeout and make pizza at home easily.
How to Make Taco Pizza
Step 1: Start by cooking your ground beef in a skillet. Crumble and cook until the meat is cooked through and crumbled.
Step 2: Roll out your pizza dough. Top with refried beans and then sprinkle your seasoned ground beef on top.
Step 3: Add all your favorite taco toppings, I added red beans or you can use black beans. Add a little salsa and how about some corn. Sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven as directed in the printable recipe below.
Step 4: Once the pizza is done then you can top with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro or whatever your heart desires.Serve up this easy pizza.
Can I Use Ground Turkey Instead of Beef
You can use ground turkey if you would like. Just use ground turkey or even ground chicken to replace the ground beef.
Cook it in the skillet and crumble until it is fully cooked.
Topping Ideas for Taco Pizza
- Drizzle with sour cream
- Pico De Gallo
- Hot Sauce for amplifying the heat
- Fresh jalapeno slices
Can I Double This Recipe
Feel free to make as many pizzas as you need. Just batch cook your pizzas so you get an even cook. If you do your pizza on the bottom rack it can cook the crust a bit too fast.
Can I Use Homemade Pizza Dough
If you are a fan of homemade pizza dough, go right ahead and make your favorite dough. I personally don’t mind using store-bought dough. It helps to speed up the prep.
As a busy mom, I appreciate cutting corners when I can on nights I don’t have time to make everything from scratch.
How to Store Leftover Pizza
Store your leftover pizza in the refrigerator. It will store for up to three days. Anything after I recommend you use your best judgment.
In terms of reheating, you can do the microwave, or reheat on the skillet on low heat. I find that reheating it in the skillet helps to keep the crust nice and crispy. Where reheating in the microwave can sog up the crust a bit.
Let me know how you enjoy this easy taco pizza recipe. I hope you guys like it as much as my family does.
Watch this video for no-fail results
- 1 Store Bought Pizza Dough
- 1 Pnd Ground Beef
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1 Can of Refried Beans
- 8 Ounces of Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll out pizza dough. Place on pizza pan.
- Brown chopped meat and mix in taco seasoning. Brown about 7-10 minutes until cook through.
- Spread refried beans on top of pizza dough leaving an edge for the crust. Amount used is set by your preference.
- Top with cooked chopped meat.
- Add black beans. Also amount used is to your preference.
- Add salsa. Do not add too much so your pizza does not get too soggy. You can add more salsa on once cooked.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Once removed from the oven, add shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sour cream.