Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Garlic Bread Margherita Pizza Toast
Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Garlic Bread Margherita Pizza Toast is literally the easiest lunch or dinner you could make. The air fryer is a quick and easy way to give you that crispy crunch and flavorful Margherita pizza you know and love.
I love pizza, and sometimes I just get a craving. Growing up we would make pizza on hamburger buns from time to time. Now, I love reaching for thick slices of Texas toast. This garlic bread pizza toast is a winning dish for young and old.
Garlic Bread Margherita Pizza Toast
If you have picky eaters in your home, try this recipe. Want something that you can make in minutes? This recipe is yet again calling your name. Simple, easy, and downright addictive.
Why Use The Instant Vortex Plus, Air Fryer
Why not!? I find this heats up so much faster than preheating the oven. Plus it allows me to have a five-minute dinner instead of a 15 minute waiting for the oven to preheat. Plus, minimal cleanup and it doesn’t heat my house. If you are on the fence, go for it. This air fryer is fantastic.
Why Type Of Cheese Do You Use for Margherita Pizza Toast
I reached for fresh mozzarella. You could say that is the Italian take. Fresh is always best in my opinion. If you don’t have fresh you could easily use shredded mozzarella or even a pizza blend of cheese.
Can I Change The Toppings For My Garlic Bread Pizza
Of course. If you are looking for something different go ahead and pile on any of your favorite pizza toppings. This recipe works for any toppings. Just don’t over-pile or it could become messy trying to eat.
Other tasty toppings to consider
- Bell peppers
- Canadian Bacon
Or add any other toppings you would like. We love the mozzarella and basil together, plus it is simple. Sometimes for us simple is best, and it offers a lot of flavor.
What Type of Pizza Sauce Do You Use
Honestly, you can use any type of pizza sauce you prefer. If you have a favorite brand reach for that. Of course, quality is key as it is the main flavor that will stand out in this recipe. But, you can also reach for what is on sale if you don’t have a favorite. I tend to rotate on our favorite brands.
What To Serve With Margherita Pizza Toast
- Side Salad for the crunch factor
- Cucumber and onion salad
- Fruit salad
We tend to eat this alone or with a green salad on the side. But you can add any of your favorite sides next to it. Or even slice up the pizza and serve it as an appetizer.
How to Store Leftover Margherita Pizza
You can store any leftovers you have in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. This is best when served fresh, as it will begin to lose the crunch factor in the fridge. To reheat use the stove to slowly warm it up, microwave or even the oven.
LOVE your Instant Vortex Plus and need more recipes?! Try my Instant Vortex Plus Baked Potato, they are the best baked potatoes you will ever have!
- 8 slices of Texas Toast Garlic Bread (frozen)
- 1 Jar Pizza Sauce
- 16 oz Fresh Mozzarella Cheese (shredded works great too)
- Fresh Basil
- Place the drip pan in the bottom of the cooking chamber. Using the display panel, touch AIRFRY, then adjust the temp to 380 degrees, set the time to 6 minutes, touch START.
- When the display indicates “Add Food” place 4 slices of texas toast on your tray and place it on the lower shelf. Close the door.
- Let cook for 2 minutes to allow the bottom to crisp up.
- Open the door, turn over your Texas toasts. Close the door.
- Allow to crisp for 2 minutes.
- Open the door and spoon about 2 TBSP of pizza sauce over the top of your toast.
- Place 2 fresh mozzarella slices over the top.
- Tuck in 1 or 2 basil leaves in between your cheese slices (otherwise they will fly away)
- Cook until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 706Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 1321mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 34g