My boys love Shirley Temples. They never miss an opportunity to order one. I must admit, I love seeing them enjoy them as much as, I loved them as a child. There is something so sweet and iconic about a Shirley Temple.
This cake is a take on the sweet drink, Shirley Temple. It has quickly become my favorite cake. It truly is moist and delicious.
Here is a cute silly little bit of information about Shirley Temple’s. They were created for the actress Shirley Temple and she later in life admitted that she never liked Shirley Temples at all. She thought they were too sweet. I think I find that most shocking of all, I have never met a child that does not LOVE Shirley Temple’s. Go figure! LOL
Watch this video for no fail results
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- Ingredients called for cake mix, eggs & vegetable oil
- 1 Large Jar Maraschino Cherries
- 3 oz Box of Cherry Jello
- 1 Tub Cool Whip
- Mix cake batter according to package directions.
- Separate cherries and juice. Saving juice on the side. Cut cherries in half.
- Fold cherries into cake batter.
- Cook according to package directions.
- Once cake is cool, use the back end of a wooden spoon to create your poke holes.
- Prepare Jello according to package directions, replacing 6 TBSP of cherry juice in place of water.
- Pour Jello mixture over top of the poke cake, allowing to get into your poke holes.
- Mix 6 TBSP of cherry juice into your cool whip. Mix well. Frost cake with cherry cool whip.