One of my very favorite combinations is lemon and blueberry. This lemon blueberry cake is is as delicious as a country summer day. Whip up a batch of lemonade to go with this sweet treat and enjoy the beauty of the day. If you happen to have a porch to sit on, then that is exactly the place you want to enjoy a slice.
I made this cake from another wonderful recipe uncovered in Quick & Easy Dump Cakes. While it is not a traditional dump cake it embodies the ease that all dump cakes represent. This recipe is definitely an easy recipe and that is just the way I like them. With lives as busy as they are why spend unnecessary time in the kitchen when you can quickly whip up delicious treats like this for your family.
- 1 Package, 18 ounces Lemon Cake Mix
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1 TBSP Grated Lemon Peel
- 8 Ounces Frozen Blueberries, thawed and patted dry
For Lemon Glaze
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 TBSP Melted Butter
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray pan of your choice with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the cake mix, eggs, yogurt, oil and lemon peel in a large bowl. Beat with a blender a few minutes until well blended. Spoon half of the batter into your prepared pan. Sprinkle berries on top and then cover blueberries with remaining batter. Bake 50 - 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes. Gently remove from pan.
- Prepare Lemon Glaze by combining powdered sugar, melted butter, lemon juice, & vanilla and whisking until smooth. Spoon over still warm cake. If glaze is more thick then thin, warm up in the microwave for a few seconds for easy pouring over your cake.