I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for the SPLENDA® Brand. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. All opinions and reviews are my own.
Summer is almost upon us, and with that comes more events, activities and tasty dishes that we love. With this, many of us are trying to make smarter choices, whether that means taking the stairs in place of the elevator or being more mindful of the ingredients you use in recipes. To help inspire and motivate us to make these smart choices, the SPLENDA® Brand is dishing out ways to reduce added sugar by swapping out full sugar for SPLENDA® Sweetener Products. Using SPLENDA® Sweetener Products, like SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and the recipes featured on SweetSwaps.com, we can create dishes we love that can fit into a balanced lifestyle.
This is my summer of choices. After some recent health issues I have a new appreciation for making smart choices. I am committed to making many new lifestyle changes and choices while being true to my inner self. I love food. I love delicious tasty treats that I can enjoy with my boys and husband. I decided that there is no reason to give up my tasty treats, I just need to make adjustments and better choices.
I broke out my tennis rackets as a step in the right direction of change and better choices. My boys and I love playing tennis so this is really an easy decision to make.
I also decided to redo some of my delicious and favorite recipes by swapping out the sugar with SPLENDA®. Did you know that swapping just one cup of sugar with one cup of SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated can save more than 600 calories? I love working out but I much rather save 600 calories while still eating my favorite treat! This afternoon I will be doing both. I made a batch of my favorite Molasses cookies that I will share with my boys after a few matches of tennis. I have the rackets waiting on the porch and a batch of cookies hidden away in the kitchen.
To inspire and motivate smart choices, the SPLENDA® Brand is dishing out ways to reduce added sugar by swapping out full sugar for SPLENDA® Sweetener Products. Keep an eye on the blog for more full sugar to SPLENDA® swap recipes. Follow along with me in my commitment and journey. I love having SPLENDA® Sweetener Products on my side.
There are many more tips, tricks and delicious recipes on SweetSwaps.com.
My boys were excited to go play tennis this afternoon.
I really felt wonderful giving my boys these delicious cookies after our awesome game of tennis. As you can see they were a big hit! They had no idea there was any swap made to their molasses cookies. I also enjoyed every bite!
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 1/2 TSPS Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 TSPS Ground Cinnamon
- 1 TSP Ground Ginger
- 1/4 TSP Ground Allspice
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Cup Trans-Free Margarine
- 1/4 Cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 Dark Molasses
- 1 Egg White
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray. On a sheet of waxed paper, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and salt. Stir with a fork to blend. Set aside.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer, beat margarine until smooth. Add SPLENDA® brown sugar blend, molasses, and egg white. Mix slowly to incorporate, then beat until smooth. Gradually stir in the reserved flour mixture until well blended. Dough will be soft not sticky.
- Using your palms, roll dough into 3/4 inch balls (1 level TSP). Place, separated, on prepared pans. Use the back of a fork to press down on the tops of the cookies in a X, making a crosshatch pattern.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the edges are set. Let stand on the sheet for about 5 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool.
Adapted from SweetSwaps.com