Chocolate Twist Bread is a quick and easy twisted chocolate bread that is decadent, flaky, and a chocolate lover’s dream. You will love this chocolate twist bread recipe, even more, when you see how simple it is to make.
Chocolate Twisted Bread
Crescent rolls and chocolate chips take front and center stage in this dessert. This bread is also fun for kids to help make!
How to Make
Step 1: Start by preheating your oven, greasing pan, and prep your streusel topping. Use a fork to fluff the mixture then set it aside.
Step 2: Now you will lay out your crescent roll dough and roll it out to remove the cut lines. I was lucky enough to find, line free, crescent dough sheets.
Step 3: Add your toppings as the recipe stated and roll it up. Twist and place in a greased pan.
Step 4: Bake as directed! When done carefully remove from the oven and let cook a bit then slice and serve!
How to Serve Chocolate Bread
- Slice and serve the bread plain
- After it cools dust with powdered sugar
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup
- Pair with a scoop of ice cream
- Add a dollop of butter
There are so many fun and creative ways for you to serve up this sweet bread.
Could I Use White Chocolate Chips Instead
Feel free to use white chocolate chips to replace the milk chips. Or you could even do a semi-sweet, peanut butter or even butterscotch chips.
Granted if you remove the chocolate chips just adjust the name.
How to Know When Chocolate Sweet Bread is Done
The top of this sweet bread will become a bit golden brown. Then you can use a toothpick to stick into the bread and if no dough comes out the bread is done.
You will see melted chocolate if you poke one. The goal is to not see dough from the crescent rolls.
Best Way to Store
This dessert bread can be stored in a sealable bag or airtight container. Store in the counter at room temperature or place in the fridge.
Then just slice and enjoy or toss in the microwave for a fresh out of the oven flavor.
You can also freeze this bread. Once your sweet bread is fully cooled, place in the proper freezer container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw the crescent roll bread in the fridge or on the counter if you prefer. Or toss into the microwave to warm up.
Can I Double The Recipe
Want to make extra bread? Simply grab another loaf pan and prep and bake at the same time. Then remove and allow bread to cool then slice and serve.
Chocolate Twist Bread is a quick and easy twisted chocolate bread that is decadent, flaky, and a chocolate lovers dream. You will love this chocolate twist bread recipe even more when you see how simple it is to make.
- 4 TBSP Sugar, divided
- 3 TBSP All Purpose Flour
- 1 TBSP Cold Butter
- 1 TBSP Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tube Crescent Rolls
- 2/3 Cup + 1 TBSP Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 TBSP Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add flour & 3 TBSP of sugar. Cut the butter with a fork until your mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Unroll the crescent rolls. If you have regular crescent rolls, use your fingers to smooth away the cut lines.
- Sprinkle the dough with 2/3 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle with 1 TBSP of sugar.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Sprinkles with 1/2 of the streusel mixture.
- Starting on the long side, roll the crescent rolls up. Pinch to seal.
- Gently twist in to the shape of an 8.
- Spray a bread pan with canola spray.
- Place your dough into your bread pan.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining streusel mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 TBSP chocolate chips. Press the chips lightly into your dough so they stay in place.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cook a bit.
- Slice & enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g