We all know how hard it can be to make sure every dish is perfect when cooking for a large crowd during the holidays, but luckily this delicious side dish is not only easy to make, but it’s sure to be a favorite! These Air Fryer Roasted Carrots are cooked to perfection and coated in a heavenly honey thyme sauce for a flavor that bursts with every bite. With just a few simple steps, you can bring this tasty dish to your holiday table or any day of the year. Join us as we explore the easy-to-make cooking method of air fryer roasted carrots and the perfectly sweet and savory honey thyme sauce that will have your family and friends asking for seconds.
Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
Air Fryer Carrots are a great side dish because they save on oven and stove space. You’ll have the time and space to create an entire spread while these delicious carrots are roasting away in the air fryer, simmering in their buttery honey sauce with a cooking time of only 20 minutes. Make them with my Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes and my Slow Cooker Ham for an entire delicious dinner without turning on the oven once!
Check out my other Air Fryer Recipes for more cooking options that don’t involve the oven.
What do I need to get started?
- Whole carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces. You can use baby carrots as well, but I found the chopped whole carrots contained much better flavor.
- Fresh thyme. Dried can be used as well, but I always prefer fresh.
- Salt and pepper.
How to make Roasted Carrots in the Air Fryer
Start by preparing all ingredients. Melt the butter, pick thyme leaves off the stem, peel the carrots, then chop them into 1-inch pieces.
In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, honey, half the thyme leaves, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper. Add in the carrots and toss to coat.
Preheat the air fryer to 375. Generously spray the air fryer basket with non-stick spray, or even olive oil or avocado oil. Add the carrots and sauce into the air fryer in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes, or until tender and lightly caramelized. Shake the basket after 10 minutes of roasting, to ensure even doneness.
Once the carrots are finished, remove them from the air fryer and sprinkle with more time. Reserve the accumulated juices from the air fryer for serving.
Storage and Make Ahead
Carrots can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. I do not recommend freezing because of the buttery sauce and fresh herbs – the carrots are at their best when served fresh.
- The butter can be subbed out for olive oil if desired. Omit the 6 tbsp of butter and replace it with 3 tbsp olive oil.
- The thyme can be replaced with any fresh herb of your choice; rosemary, basil, dill, or oregano would all be great choices.
- Any sauce would be delicious with these air fried carrots – you can make them sweet with brown sugar and maple syrup, or add some olive oil and garlic powder for a more savory treat. The process for air frying the carrots will remain the same.
What to serve with Roasted Carrots
- For an, all appetizer meal, serve these with my Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries.
- Serve alongside any other roasted vegetables. Sweet potatoes if you’re going for a sweeter carrot, green beans, asparagus, or broccoli if you’re sticking with the recipe as written.
- This is a great side dish, but it’s also delicious and filling all on its own!
These Air Fryer Roasted Carrots are perfectly cooked in the air fryer and dripping with a delectable honey thyme sauce. This side dish is a wonderful addition to your holiday table and fits every season!
- 2 lbs Whole Carrots (Washed, Peeled, Cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme Leaves, or 1 Teaspoon Dried
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, honey, half the thyme leaves, salt & pepper. Add prepared carrots, toss to coat.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375℉. Add carrots and sauce to the air fryer basket and roast for 20 minutes, or until tender and lightly caramelized. Shake halfway through roasting to ensure even doneness.
- Once done, remove from the air fryer basket and sprinkle with more thyme leaves. Reserve the accumulated juices for serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 356mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g