Ninja Foodi Grill Grilled Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken Thighs is a sweet and savory chicken recipe that is going to become an instant family favorite. If you love chicken thighs whip up these brown sugar glazed thighs for dinner tonight.
If you own a Ninja Foodi Grill you might be on the hunt for new recipes! My boys and husband wouldn’t stop complimenting how juicy and flavorful this chicken recipe was.
Ninja Foodi Grill Grilled Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken Thighs
My chicken was nearing the expiration so I knew I had to whip up something tasty. I wanted to do something new and this is what I came up with.
How to Serve Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken Thighs
- Serve over a bed of rice or cauliflower rice
- Zucchini noodles
- Favorite vegetable side
- Fresh salad
- Baked beans
- Rice dishes
You could literally pair this recipe with almost anything. I mean it is so versatile in flavor it will pair well with almost anything.
Can I Use Other Cuts of Chicken
Of course, you can use other cuts of chicken. The biggest thing is ensuring it gets fully cooked. You might find depending on how large or small the meat is the cooking time will vary.
To ensure your Chicken is cooked through use a meat thermometer to check. Stick in the thicker part of the chicken and make sure you don’t touch the bone. You want your chicken to be 165 degrees internally.
How to Reheat Leftover Brown Sugar Chicken
When you have a glaze you will find microwaving is a great option. If your sticky glaze on the outside gets too hot in say the oven it will burn.
If you do want to reheat in the oven, cover the pan with aluminum foil. This will help prevent the glazed coating from burning.
Or you might enjoy eating cold. I don’t mind cold chicken, so I find it tasty.
How Long With Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken Store For
You can store your chicken in the fridge for up to three days. With any meat, it is best not to go over the three-day mark. Make sure it’s placed in a sealed container.
Trim Your Chicken Thighs
When grilling you always want to trim away excess fat. It can cause your Foodi grill to make extra smoke and it doesn’t create the best cooking. So if you have fat you notice on the thighs, take time to quickly trim the meat.
How To Keep Chicken From Sticking to Grill
Since chicken is leaner meat you will find even with regular grills chicken skin can get stuck and tear.
I haven’t noticed sticking in my Foodi but if you are concerned you can always do cooking spray or rub a thin and small amount of oil on the grill before you turn it on.
How Long Do Chicken Thighs Take to Grill
The time it takes for chicken thighs to grill will vary. The reason it varies is how thick your meat is. You might find some pieces take a handful of minutes longer to cook than others.
Always check the internal temperature to know when done. You can always cover the chicken that gets done early with aluminum foil and place it in the oven at 225 degrees to keep warm till you are ready to serve.
For more delicious Ninja Foodi Grill recipes, check them out HERE
- 8 Chicken Thighs (boneless with skin or without)
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup light Brown Sugar
- 1 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 TSP Minced Garlic
- optional 1 TBSP Hot Sauce
- In a bowl mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, & garlic. Set aside 1/4 cup for using later when serving.
- Poke thighs with a fork creating little pockets for the marinade to soak into.
- Put your thighs into the marinade and let marinade for at least 20 minutes.
- Insert removable cooking pot. Insert grill grate into your pot.
- Press grill button, HIGH, set time to 25 minutes.
- Once "Add Food" flashes, add chicken thighs onto grill, close lid. At 10 minutes, open grill and flip meat, closing the hood once again. Cook for another 5 minutes, open the lid and baste the chicken with more marinade.
- Cover and cook another 5 minutes. Start to check the internal temp to make sure you are not starting to over cook. You want to have an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Flip meat one last time and baste one more time. Cook as long as needed until you reach your internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Allow meat to rest 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 853mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 31g