This Lemon Cream Cheese Danish is so darn delicious I had to put myself in time out from eating. I was ready to bite into number three. I decided to bake these during our last snow storm and the sweet lemon curd brightened up my kitchen and made for the perfect snack that day.
I had one away for myself to have for breakfast the next day. It was the sweetest most delicious was to start my day.
If you love lemon as much as I do, I bet you will love my Lemon Crinkle Cookies.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 17.3 ounce package puff pastry
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup prepared lemon curd or lemon pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and lemon juice.
- Gently flour your clean work surface, and unfold the puff pasty.
- Using your fingertips, gently press the creased areas flat. Use a rolling pin if necessary.
- Use a cookie cutter or glass to cut out 4 circles.
- Repeat steps 4-6 with the remaining sheet of puff pastry.
- Place circles onto baking sheet.
- Gently score border about ½-1 inch inside each puff pastry circle.
- Using a fork, poke several times inside each of the circles.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into each circle, keeping inside the boarder.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg and water until frothy.
- Brush the border of each with egg mixture.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet.
- Heat lemon curd in the microwave for 25 seconds, then spoon on top of each danish.
- Sprinkle a pinch of lemon zest and dust with powdered sugar prior to serving.