Instant Pot Thai Mango Chicken
Instant Pot Thai Mango Chicken is better than takeout. A seasoned chicken paired with bold spices, mango, pineapple and served over a bed of rice. Thai Mango Chicken is simple to make and offers that sweet and spicy aspect in each bite.
Ever since getting my instant pot, I have pretty much completely stopped ordering Chinese takeout. I have made some of the most delicious take-out dishes, it makes no sense to spend the extra money buying it from my local take our joint. This Instant Pot Thai Mango Chicken is so delicious and tasty I will definitely never order this out again.
Instant Pot Thai Mango Chicken
I also love that this recipe calls for turmeric. Turmeric has been gaining recognition as being an incredible spice. I have read so many positive results after adding Tumeric into your regular diet. One of the many benefits of Turmeric is that it is a natural anti-inflammatory
I would love to hear which of the instant pot takeout recipes that I have on the blog are your favorite. Is it this Instant Pot Thai Mango Chicken or the Instant Pot Kung Pao Chicken?
Keep reading till you get to the recipe card for the easiest dump and go Instant Pot freezer directions.
Do You Use Fresh or Frozen Mango in Mango Chicken
You can replace the fresh mangos with frozen mangos, I can guarantee that it will be delicious either way. Same with the pineapple reach for canned or slice fresh. Either route works great.
Can You Make Mango Thai Chicken in Slow Cooker
You sure can! I will share the steps below in the recipe card. I know not everyone has an Instant Pot, or maybe you want that low and slow simmer the slow cooker offers. Either way, I got you covered.
What Is The Best Rice to Pair With Mango Chicken
I like to use long-grain rice like white rice. You could also reach for a Jasmine which offers a different flavor, Basmati rice or even brown rice. Or if you want lower carb then do cauliflower rice or cauliflower mash.
Just ensure you cook rice properly so it is tender and fluffy. The rice will really compliment your chicken and sauce!
Can You Meal Prep Thai Mango Chicken
Yes! I do it all the time. This recipe is a fantastic freezer meal that you can prep and then heat later for those busy nights you don’t have time to cook. I share all the directions for it below!
Meal prepping is something I love to do when I have the time. Those nights I don’t want to cook I just pull a meal from the freezer and the stress is gone. A home cooked meal and minimal work from me!
The Instant Pot Used In This Recipe
I used a 6-quart Instant pot for this recipe creation. I know some people prefer to know size to compare what you are going to use.
Pro Tip for Ginger and Garlic
So I recently used a lemon zester for my ginger and it worked fantastically. Just peel ginger and then use zester go shred really fine. I then tried the same method on Garlic and it worked too! Saves time chopping real fine.
Keep reading till you get to the recipe card for the easiest dump and go Slow Cooker freezer directions.
How Long Will Mango Chicken Store In Fridge
You can store mango chicken in the fridge for 3-4 days. Anything after I always stress to use your best judgment. I find that day two offers the most flavor of this recipe!
Give this recipe a try if you want a tropical and savory take to chicken! It is incredible and one dish we look forward to eating!
Instant Pot Thai Mango Chicken
Delicious Instant Pot Thai Mango Chicken is so easy & quick to make.
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts or equivalent in chicken strips (FOR FREEZER MEAL: 2 bags of shredded chicken)
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 mangoes; peeled and diced (use frozen for freezer meal)
- 2 limes; juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic; chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger; grated
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked rice or cook rice using *pot in pot method
- 1 pineapple; diced (garnish) or 1 (20 oz) can of diced pineapple chunks
- In your instant pot or pressure cooker place the four large chicken breasts or strips. Shake turmeric over the chicken breasts. Toss in ginger and garlic. Top with salt and pepper. Top with mango, and lime juice. Add in 1 cup chicken broth.
- If cooking rice *pot in pot method, add rice in now then add 1 cup of rice & 1 cup of water into another pot. (I like using cake pans). Place pan on top of a trivet. Close the lid. Turn to sealing.
- Manual High pressure for 15 minutes (if using thin breasts or chicken tenders adjust cook time to 12 min) and do a NATURAL Release for 10 minutes before releasing the remainder of the pressure.
- Shred chicken and toss with rice. Serve with several slices of pineapple.
For easiest clean up, cook rice pot in pot method using a disposable cake pan.
To FREEZE: Put turmeric, frozen mango chunks (equal to about 2 magoes), lime juice, salt, pepper, 2 TBSP minced garlic, & fresh grated ginger all into the freezer Ziploc. Seal bag. Date & include these notes: EMPTY INGREDIENTS OF THAI MANGO CHICKEN BAG INTO POT + 2 BAGS OF SHREDDED CHICKEN (APRX. 2 LB) + 1 CUP CHICKEN BROTH. PC - 3 MIN + QR
- Take 2 bags of shredded chicken, remove bag from freezer and sit on the counter while preparing dinner. (If in a rush, you can run the bag over warm water to loosen the frozen rice from the Ziploc)
- Empty contents of your Thai mango chicken freezer bag in to your pot.
- Than add the shredded chicken in to your pot.
- Pour 1 Cup of chicken broth in. Put lid on your pot. Turn to sealing position.
- Manual High pressure for 3 min. When cooking cycle ends do a quick release.
- Give chicken a good stir. If any of your chicken still seems a bit frozen, put back on PC for 1 or 2 minutes depending on how much more cooking you may need.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Cholesterol: 48mgSodium: 479mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 22gProtein: 19g
Is it one cup of cooked rice? Not uncooked?
It can be either or.. I originally had it to go over already cooked rice. But while in the recipe doing an adjustment I changed it to a one-pot recipe. So you can do it whichever way you prefer. 🙂
The legend at the top of the recipe says cook time is 18 minutes.
The instructions say to cook for 15 minutes and quick release.
Which one is correct?
It is 15 🙂 Sorry about that
Is the pineapple required? Only asking because of an allergy
no of course not.. replace with whatever you prefer or not at all. I am the queen of substituting things and changing recipes up. 🙂 Just make sure you have enough liquid to cover the rice.
RE: IP Mango Thai Chicken
Can you tell me how to convert this recipe to a ‘fresh cook’ opposed to a freezer meal? Ty, Lisa
The directions should be just above the freezer directions.
Is the pineapple just for serving or does it go in the pot too cook as well?
I am so sorry, the pineapple is to garnish with.
Can you put all ingredients plus some cubed raw chicken in the freezer bag and freeze? Thanks!
Yes, you can do it that way as well. 🙂
@Melissa, if you add cubed raw chicken how does that change the cook time from frozen?
It would be the same time. Frozen ingredients will take longer to come to pressure than non. Enjoy
Is it really 2 tablespoons of turmeric or is supposed to be 2 teaspoons.
Yes, it is 2 Tablespoons. You can half it if you like a little less Tumeric. 🙂