Instant Pot Strawberry Iced Tea
Instant Pot Strawberry Iced Tea is a refreshing and sweet summer tea to sip on. If you have not made tea in the Instant Pot, you need to. So easy to make, really helps infuse the flavor, and is one incredible tea that will leave you wanting more. Making instant pot iced tea is one of my absolute favorite drinks.
If you love fun drinks, I have some ideas for you. Try my Raspberry Iced Tea, Starbucks Pink Drink, or whip up the classic Dole Whip.
How To Make
Step 1: Start by adding your water, sugar and tea bags into your Instant Pot. You will cook your tea as directed, and allow for a 15 minute natural release once the time is up.
Step 2: While your tea is cooking in the Instant Pot work on your strawberry puree. Prep and blend up your berries and then run through a cheesecloth or even a mesh strainer.
You want to save the juice and discard the seeds and pulp of the berries.
Step 3: Once your tea is done and your strawberry puree mixture is ready mix the two, and finish up the recipe, and then add ice to glasses and pour into cups and serve your drink.
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries
You are more than welcome to use frozen strawberries if you need. If you are using frozen strawberries allow them to thaw out a bit before you blend. This will help allow you to extract as much of the strawberry juice as you can.
Why Make Instant Pot Tea
Why not!? This is a great way to get that sun kissed tea you know and love. Eliminate the bitter that can happen when you over-heat tea. This is my go-to for plain tea, infused tea recipes like this, and more.
- No-Tart Flavor
- Doesn’t Heat House
- No Special Tea Maker Required
How to Pick Ripe Strawberries
Nothing is worse than coming home to a package of strawberries to find they fall flat on the flavor department. Simply follow these steps when picking strawberries to have your best chance at the best berries.
- Look for strawberries that are bright red. You don’t want to see white or green on your berries, as that means they are not ripe. Berries don’t continue to ripen once they are picked from the vine.
- One other area to look for is that the leaves on top are fresh and not slimy or looking rough.
- Make sure to exam the whole package avoiding any that are showing signs of mold, mashed and leaking juice, etc.
Once you get home give them a good wash to get rid of any debris left on the berries. Then prep and use for making your strawberry tea.
Storing Your Tea
If you have leftover tea just place it in the proper container and store in the fridge for a few days. Give it a stir before pouring to ensure that you get it all mixed up in between letting the tea rest.
Can I make this on the stove top
Yes, you can definitely make this on your stove top. You can even boil your water in your microwave. See the notes section below in the recipe card for instructions.
After you try out this recipe, make sure you make a fresh batch of lemonade too!
Instant Pot Strawberry Sweet Iced Tea
Instant Pot Strawberry Iced Tea is a refreshing and sweet summer tea to sip on. If you have not made tea in the Instant Pot, you need to. So easy to make, really helps infuse the flavor, and one incredible tea that will leave you wanting more.
- 4 Black Tea Bags (paper and string removed)
- 6 Cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 Cups Fresh Strawberries
- Mint or Strawberries for garnish.
- Pour water into your pot.
- Add 4 Tea bags.
- Add sugar.
- Cover the pot and turn to sealing.
- Set your pot to manual high pressure for 4 minutes. Do a natural release for 15 minutes. Than release remaining pressure and open lid.
- Chop your strawberries.
- Put strawberries into a food processor or blender.
- Strain mixture threw cheesecloth, extracting all of the strawberry juice.
- Pour into your Sweet Tea.
- Serve over lots of ice & garnish with strawberry slices. You can also add some fresh mint to garnish.
*Want to make this on your stove top? No problem! Boil 2 cups of water and sugar on the stove top in a pot. (okay, you can also microwave). Remove from the heat, add your tea bags and let it steep for 10 minutes. Remove your tea bags, let cool. Pour into a pitcher, add remaining 4 cups of water, & strawberry juice. Top with fresh strawberry slices.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 3gSugar: 57gProtein: 1g
Has anyone made this without the sugar? Sounds good but I don’t like sweet tea