Instant Pot Asian Beef Lettuce WrapsWho doesn’t love a quick and flavorful dinner that’s better than takeout? If you’re looking to satisfy your Asian food cravings, these Instant Pot Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps are the perfect option! In just 25 minutes, you can have a delicious dinner the whole family will love. Forget fast food burgers and pizza, these beef lettuce wraps are a healthier option filled with fresh vegetables and lean protein. Plus, you’ll have enough for leftovers the next day! In this article, you’ll get step-by-step instructions for making this easy, craveable, and surprisingly good recipe. Plus, we’ve included some tasty variations and delicious ideas for topping the lettuce wraps. So get ready to go from zero to hero in the kitchen in just 25 minutes!
We love lettuce wraps in our home. There is something about that sweet and savory Asian beef filling next to crisp lettuce. You bite into it, and the texture and flavor just win you over. If you have tried Asian wraps before, try my Instant Pot version and enjoy.
Instant Pot Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
I am on a kick for prepping for back to school. Before I know it life will get a bit more hectic. I have been creating fantastic dinners for my family but also taking time to stock my freezer. This recipe works great at being frozen for later, and it tastes just as good as night one! It saves me a TON of time, and on those nights where time is limited, I head to my freezer.
Keep reading till you get to the recipe card for the easiest dump and go Instant Pot freezer directions.
Could I Use Ground Turkey Instead of Beef in Asian Lettuce Wraps
Sure. If you are a fan of ground turkey or ground chicken, you are welcome to replace with ground beef. It will slightly adjust the flavoring of this recipe, but it will work.
What Is The Best Lettuce for Lettuce Wraps
For lettuce wraps, you want to reach for wider leaf lettuce. Butter, bibb lettuce, romaine, etc. All of these lettuces will hold up well when filled with the meat mixture. Sometimes if you use iceberg lettuce you find it is a different texture when you go to fold it, the lettuce breaks. I find those three lettuces above work best when working with lettuce wraps.
Can I Use Coleslaw Mix In Replace of Cabbage
Yes! If you want to make prep a bit easier, reach for bagged coleslaw. Skip chopping the cabbage and buy coleslaw mix. It is okay if it has carrots in it. Depending on your store you will find some brands are plain shredded cabbage and others have carrots.
If you do buy coleslaw mix with carrots omit the shredded carrots from the recipe. That way you don’t have a surplus of carrots in the mixture.
Keep reading till you get to the recipe card for the easiest dump and go Slow Cooker freezer directions.
Can You Meal Prep With Asian Lettuce Wraps
Yes! You can meal prep by using for lunches or a quick dinner option. Just place meat mixture in airtight containers, and then toss in fridge. Then in a sealable bag add in lettuce. When you go to assemble heat mixture up, then pour it into the lettuce leaves.
Or you can opt to do a freezer meal, to toss in the freezer and assemble at a later time. This is what I do a lot for those quick and easy weeknight meals. I share all the directions below on how to do this.
How Long Can You Store Instant Pot Asian Lettuce Wraps In Fridge
You can keep these in the fridge for up to three days. Just leave the meat mixture separate from the lettuce. When ready to assemble, just wash lettuce, heat meat, and then combine.
Give this recipe a try today and let me know what you think.
- 15 Pieces lettuce, Bibb, Romaine, & Butter Leaf will all work
- 2 lbs Ground Beef (FOR FREEZER MEAL: 2 bags of frozen ground beef)
- 2 TBSP Chopped Onion
- 2 TBSP Minced Garlic
- 2 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 TBSP Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 TSP Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 Cup Shredded Cabbage (You can use pre shred coleslaw mix)
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- Step 1: Set Instant pot to sauté function and add 1 TBSP of olive oil. Add garlic and onion. Cook until garlic is fragrant, and onion is translucent; about 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef. Cook until no longer pink, stirring regularly. Drain grease and return to pot.
- Add soy sauce & hoisin sauce.
- Add in rice wine vinegar & grated ginger.
- Add in shredded cabbage & shredded carrots.
- Set Instant Pot to high pressure and set cook time for 3 minutes. Make sure venting is off. When timer goes off, do a quick release.
- Give meat a good mix.
- Serve on lettuce, with fresh shredded carrots, cabbage & green onions.
**FREEZER DIRECTIONS (frozen food takes longer to come to pressure)
To FREEZE: Put cooked & cooled onions & garlic into freezer Ziploc. Pour soy sauce, hoisin sauce, & rice wine vinegar into your Ziploc. Put grated ginger in. Put shredded cabbage & carrots into your Ziploc. Seal bag. Date & include these notes: EMPTY INGREDIENTS OF ASIAN BEEF LETTUCE WRAPS INTO POT + 2 BAG OF FROZEN GROUND BEEF (APRX. 1 LB EACH) + 1/4 CUP BEEF BROTH. PC - 3 MIN + QR
- Take 2 bags of frozen ground beef, remove bags from freezer and sit on the counter while preparing dinner. (If in a rush, you can run the bag over warm water to loosen the frozen ground beef from the Ziploc)
- Empty contents of your Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps freezer bag in to your pot.
- Than add the ground beef in to your pot.
- Pour 1/4 Cup of beef broth in. Put lid on your pot. Turn to sealing position.
- Manual High pressure for 3 min. When cooking cycle ends do a quick release.
- Give meat a good mix.
Serve on lettuce, with fresh shredded carrots, cabbage & green onions. Serve with Instant Pot Chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Rice.
*****SLOW COOKER DIRECTIONS
Cook on high 3-4 hours, or on low 4-5 hours.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 537Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 824mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 6gSugar: 10gProtein: 45g