One of my absolute favorite meals is Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. I used to only order it when we were out to dinner, my stovetop version attempts had never measured up. Now I can happily say thanks to my magical Instant Pot, I can have Instant Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo whenever I want and it is just as delicious as my favorite restaurants.
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is my ultimate comfort food. If I need a warming up of my heart and my belly this is the dish I am eating. I was able to eat my Instant Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo in front of my fireplace the other night. In front of my fireplace!!! That would be as close to heaven as I can imagine getting.
- 2-3 T butter
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 T minced garlic
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp dried parsley
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T fresh basil diced
- 1 lb dry fettucine noodles
- 2 lbs chicken
- 1 cup of Italian mix shredded cheese and ½ cup shredded parmesan
- Set Inspant Pot on “Sautee”. Once it states “Hot” add onions, garlic, olive oil. Cook for 1 minute stirring regularly.
- Add fully thawed raw chicken ( that has been sliced into one inch pieces ) to the pot and stir regularly. Allow the chicken to cook about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add in butter, chicken broth, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Mix around enough to evenly mix the ingredients.
- Add dry noodles into the pot and completely submerge under liquid. You may need to break them in half.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and change cook setting to “Manual” and for 6 minutes. Make sure the steam vent is closed.
- Once done let self vent and sit for 5 minutes. After release remaining pressure. Then, remove lid carefully.
- Add cheese and fresh basil and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 10
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 753 Total Fat: 61g Saturated Fat: 33g Trans Fat: 2g Unsaturated Fat: 24g Cholesterol: 227mg Sodium: 681mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 32g