Raid that pantry and make homemade funnel cake bites in no time. Fluffy, sweet funnel cakes that are bite-size.
I bet you can’t eat just one of these easy funnel cake bites. Dust with powdered sugar or even dip in chocolate or more. There is no wrong way to devour these fair food funnel cakes.
Funnel Cake Bites
I wanted to make funnel cake bites to simplify the mess of a true funnel cake. No swirling batter around in hot oil.
Just quick and easy drop in to cook and pull out.
What Is A Funnel Cake Bite
Funnel cake bites are a smaller version of a classic funnel cake. A fluffy and slightly crispy outside with a soft and flaky dough style center.
You get the same flavor of a full size funnel cake but just in a smaller form. Great to serve kids and your family, dessert for parties and more.
Do I Need A Deep Fryer For Funnel Cakes
No you don’t. I used a pan with oil in it and it worked just as good. So don’t feel you can’t enjoy this recipe if you don’t own a fryer.
Just grab a pan and fill with oil and fry away. I mean this is the ultimate fair food so I couldn’t miss out on making some for my kids this year.
What To Serve Mini Funnel Cakes
- Classic – dusted with powdered sugar
- Drizzle chocolate or hot fudge over the top
- Caramel sauce, butterscotch, etc
- Use pie filling to pair. Apple is my favorite
- Fresh fruit
- Add a side of whipped cream for dipping
While I love the traditional I have done fruit filling or even fresh fruit as the side.
Can You Refrigerate Funnel Cake Batter
Yes you can refrigerate the batter for up to 24 hours. You can store in the fridge until you are ready to fry up your mini cakes.
Just stir it around and then pour and fry. I haven’t had issues with the funnel cakes tasting any different.
What to Use To Pour Batter
I personally find using a cookie scoop was my go-to method. It was easy, mess free and got the job done.
You could also use a tablespoon to scoop and drop batter or pour mixture in a sealable bag and cut the end off, and squeeze the bag to slowly pour batter in.
Do Funnel Cakes Store Well
Unfortunately no. Funnel cakes are best when served fresh. They will change a bit in texture once you allow them to set for a bit.
If you do try to save some, make sure to allow them to fully cool. Then place in airtight container or sealable bag.
If you put the funnel cake bites in and they are still warm they will build condensation and make the funnel cakes pretty soggy.
You have to try these simple funnel cake bites. Basic pantry ingredients join forces to really bring you the ultimate carnival dessert at home.
No long lines to stand in to wait, and you could even stay in pjs and binge your favorite Netflix show!
Want to try another amazingly delicious dessert bite? I hope you have an instant pot! Try my Instant Pot Pineapple Upside Down Cakes.
If you do have that instant pot, than you also need to try these incredible Instant Pot Churro Bites, they are seriously delicious!
Raid that pantry and make homemade funnel cake bites in no time. Fluffy, sweet funnel cakes that are bite size.
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- Powdered Sugar
- Beat your eggs until they get foamy looking.
- Add in milk & vanilla. Give a quick mix.
- Add in flour, sugar, baking powder & salt. Mix until smooth. This will be a slightly thicker batter.
- Heat a bit more than 1/2" of vegetable oil in your fry pan. Heat it on high for about 4 minutes and than reduce the heat to medium. (you want the oil temperature to be around 375 degrees)
- Test the oil by dropping in a small amount of batter and it should start to quickly cook around it. If you oil is ready, use a ice cream scoop to drop round scoops of batter into your hot oil.
- Cook until golden on one side and than flip to cook the other side until golden.
- Move to paper towels Sprinkle with powdered sugar and eat while still warm.
*Please make sure you have reduced your heat before dropping your batter in.
**This will make enough batter to serve several people, if you just want a small snack for 1 or 2 people, half the recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g