Instant Pot Beets
These Instant Pot Beets are a quick and easy side dish to pair with dinner tonight! Beets are an underrated side dish that more homes need to use!
Learn how to make beets in the Instant Pot for a quick and easy cooking method. You will love how easy these are to make.
Instant Pot Beets
So if you have some extra beets from your garden, or have a love for beets give this recipe a try!
Ways to Use Cooked Beets
- Serve as a side dish
- Spiralize them for topping protein, or even for a salad.
- Make a beef salad
- Or use the beets in a recipe
What Are The Benefits of Eating Beets
Fiber, folate, low in calories, and vitamin C. Beets are full of nutrients and minerals. Beets have been said to even help lower blood pressure.
Can You Eat Beets Raw
You can eat beets raw. Most people only know how to cook beets and serve them but you can eat raw. Just clean and prep beets and take a slice and try as your are cooking beets in Instant Pot.
How To Pick Beets
- Blemish Free | look for beets that are free of bruising on the skin.
- Small-Medium Size | I have found small to medium beets are best to work with. Larger ones will be a lot tougher to cut through.
- Skin | when looking over your beets ensure the skin of beef feels firm and no wrinkles in sight. That is a side of aging.
How to Prep Beets
If your beets came with leafy greens attached cut them off, about an inch from the beet. Then rinse your beets and scrub gently to remove and dirt or debris. Then go on prepping beats per the recipe you plan to use them in.
Can You Freeze Beets
Raw beets do not freeze well. However cooked beats do a fantastic job of retaining the flavor and texture of a cooked beet. To freeze your cooked beets allow them to fully cool. Then transfer to a freezer bag or airtight container.
Store in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Thaw in fridge before you plan to reheat them. Then warm up in microwave or stove top for a quick side, or prep for another recipe to add them into.
How Long Can Unwashed Beets Store In Fridge
If you have extra beets on hand you can store them unwashed with stems on, in the refrigerator for anywhere from two to four weeks. I find placing them in the crisper drawer will maximize life of the beets.
So if you enjoy the delicate flavor of beets, give my Instant Pot Beets a try! I think you will love the simplicity of the recipe, and incredible flavor of the beets!
Now that you have mastered making beets in your instant pot, you should try making a super special treat for yourself, instant pot pumpkin spiced coffee concentrate. Once you have made a nice batch of coffee concentrate you may be ready to whip up a few freezer meals. Check out my Instant Pot Freezer Meal 30 Day Meal Challenge for 30 of the most incredible freezer meals.
- 4-6 Beets
- 1 Cup Water
- Wash your beets. Cut stems & greens off.
- Place trivet in your pot. Pour water in.
- Figure out your cook time. I had very large 10" round beets and a couple of smaller ones. I cooked based on the large sized beets picking a cook time of 40 mins. (For smaller medium sized beets, aprx. 7" round cook for 20-22 minutes)
- Do a quick release.
- Remove the peels with your hands covered in either a plastic gloves or sandwich bags, to avoid purple fingertips. Rub the peels off. Cut your beets as you like. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 17 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 30mg Carbohydrates: 4g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g