Instant Pot Bacon Jam is the perfect way to give your tastebuds an instant boost of flavors. Savory Bacon and onion with a perfect amount of sweetness. This bacon jam recipe is a must make.
Bacon onion Jam is one of my favorites. Spread on baguette bread, crackers, and enjoy the sweet and savory flavors.
How to Make Bacon Jam in Instant Pot
Step 1: Start by slicing up your bacon and onions, then toss into the Instant Pot and hit the saute feature. You will cook for around 15 minutes or so. Make sure to fully cook bacon and let onions break down.
Step 2: Remove all but around a tablespoon of the bacon grease one it is fully cooked. Now add in your other ingredients.
Make sure to use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any stuck on items or you will get the burn notice.
Step 3: Place the lid on your Instant Pot and cook as directed in the printable recipe card below. Once done you will do a quick release.
Step 4: Add in your balsamic vinegar, stir, and cook on saute until it thickens. Once thick your jelly is done!
What Is The Best Bacon To Use
When making bacon jam it is best to buy bacon that is quality. It is the main flavor of this jam so you want quality bacon to help the flavors stand out. I tend to buy thick-cut bacon that I dice up.
As for the brand you can buy any one of your favorites.
What Coffee To Use
Using a strong coffee is a must. Make sure to brew up some strong coffee or you can use instant coffee. The flavor needs to be strong as it will help to level out all the flavors and really bring your jam together.
How to Store Leftover Onion Bacon Jam
Because this is a homemade jam without preservatives you will need to place your jam in an airtight container. I like to use canning jars or mason jars if you will.
Place your jam in the fridge and eat within around 1-2 weeks of being cooked. This makes for an incredible appetizer for parties, holiday events, or a snack to break up your day.
Ways to Serve Up This Savory Bacon Onion Jam
- Spread on crackers
- Cream cheese and crackers
- Smear on bread like french bread, baguettes, etc
- Top eggs for breakfast
- Use when making a savory grilled cheese- it adds so much flavor
- Eat with a bagel and cheese for a snack or breakfast
Honestly eat this jam anyway you want. I can’t get enough of it, and I think you will enjoy it as well.
Instant Pot Bacon Jam is the perfect way to give your tastebuds an instant boost of flavors. Savory Bacon and onion with a perfect amount of sweetness. This onion bacon jam recipe is a must make.
- 1 lb Bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/3 Strong Coffee, fresh brewed or instant coffee
- 1 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- Turn your instant pot on to saute mode, high. Put your chopped bacon and onion into the pot and start to saute. Saute for about 15 minutes until your bacon is browned but not completely crisp yet.
- Drain off the bacon grease, leaving about 1 TBSP in the pot.
- Add in brown sugar, water and coffee.
- Close the lid, turn to sealing. PC HIGH for 10 min and do a QUICK RELEASE when finished cooking.
- Turn your pot back to saute.
- Start to saute, to cook off some of the liquid and get a nice caramel color. Add in the balsamic vinegar.
- Continue to saute until your bacon jam is nice and thick.
- Use an immersion blender to chop some of your bacon pieces smaller if needed.
- Serve warm, room temperature or cold.
*This makes about 1 cup of bacon jam
**Keep refrigerated for 2 weeks.
***Microwave for about 20-30 seconds to rewarm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 768mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 16g