Easter Chick Rice Krispies Treats are the ultimate no-bake Easter dessert. A homemade Rice Krispie Treat transformed into an Easter chick that is bright and colorful.
If you are looking for a recipe to make with the kids, or surprise them, here you go.
Easter Chick Rice Krispies Treats
Brightly colored Rice Krispies Treats are decorated with a cute face. These chicks are almost too cute to eat.
Are Rice Krispies Made Of Rice
Rice Krispies cereal mimics the look of rice. Rice Krispies are made of a crisp rice and a sugar paste. That is how they get their name!
What Are The Best Marshmallows To Use
You can use minis, regular or jumbo marshmallows. I tend to reach for minis. I just love them.
One thing to look for is using fresh marshmallows. It will give ou the ultimate flavor and texture.
To know if marshmallows are fresh when you open the bag the marshmallows won’t stick together. They all come out one-by-one.
How to Color Marshmallows For Rice Krispies Treats
Coloring Rice Krispie Treats is so easy. All you have to do is add food coloring to the marshmallow mixture once it is all melted.
Give it a good mix, ensuring that all the food coloring gets mixed in well. Once it is all incorporated then stir in the cereal.
You just need the color in before the cereal or it won’t mix up right.
How To Pack Down Treats
I use a rubber spatula to press the sticky Rice Krispie Treats down in pan. Or I add a little butter to my hands and use that to press the Treats down.
It is a sticky mess and both of these methods work good. Your Rice Krispies need to be packed down so you get a nice cut shape.
How to Shape Chicks
Reach for a circle cookie cutter. Or if you don’t have one use a drinking glass or anything circular.
You can make these chicks as big or as little as you would like. The smaller you do the more chicks you have.
How to Store
Once cooled and decorated you can transfer to an airtight bag, or sealed storage container. Then store your treats on the counter.
If it is pretty hot you can store in the fridge so the chocolate doesn’t melt.
I also tend to do a layer of wax paper if I stack the Treats on top of each other.
Easy Easter Dessert
You will love this quick and easy dessert. Kids can help with certain steps, or if older let them be extra hands on.
They will love making these chicks and creating a memory that lasts.
How about doing an adorable Easter craft after you finish your rice krispie treats, make the cutest Easter Chick Slime.
Do not forget during the holidays to come back and check out my Santa Hats Rice Krispies Treats.
1. Grease a small 9x13” pan with butter or a non stick cooking spray.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, heat the marshmallows with 3 tablespoons of butter and heat for 1-2 minutes until the marshmallows get puffy.
3. Mix in a couple drops of food coloring in the marshmallow mixture.
4. Now mix in six cups of Rice Krispies cereal in with the marshmallows.
5. Scoop the mixture into your pan, pressing down firmly with a potato masher and freeze for 15 minutes before using a circle cookie cutter to cut out your shapes.
6. Heat the candy melts on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds and pour into a decorating bag.
7. Use the melted candy melts to stick the eyes into the top front of the chicks and draw a beak and feet below.