Bunny Butt Sugar Cookies are one sugar cookie recipe that screams Easter. Circle shaped sugar cookies that come together for an adorable bunny butt cookie.
What can I say I am a sucker for Bunny Butts!! These Bunny Butt Sugar Cookies are just too cute and perfect for Easter. Easter has always been my favorite holiday. We host Easter every year! This year I will definitely be serving these adorable cookies.
Bunny Butt Sugar Cookies
What makes these cookies even more perfect, is the fact that they are surprisingly easy to create. I do recommend you bake your body and feet on separate cookie sheets as the bodies will take a bit longer to bake.
Can I Use Store Bought Sugar Cookie Dough
Yes, if you don’t want to make a homemade sugar cookie dough, you can use store bought sugar cookie dough.
Just roll out and cookie cut as directed then frost and decorate as is. You will find it changes the flavor a bit but you can still get that fun bunny butt look.
I love that these cookies are adorable and they are so simple to recreate. They are definitely a project that you can do with your little ones. It really is the fun part of making these cookies. Enjoy!
What To Use To Ice Cookies
I created a royal icing for these sugar cookies. Royal icing hardens ups so it makes it great when you do decorated cookies.
Now if you don’t want to do a royal icing you can improvise with another frosting. You will just need to make sure not to stack the cookies on top of each other. Cause they will stick together.
How To Store Bunny Cookies
You will want to let your cookies store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 7 days. These cookies will be best when served fresh, but you can make them a day or two in advance of when you plan to eat.
Can You Freeze These Sugar Cookies
Yes, you can freeze these cookies. All you have to do is store in a freezer bag or airtight container. They will store for up to three months. These cookies are great fresh or removed from frozen.
To thaw just set them on the counter and allow them to warm them up. Or you can place in the fridge and let them thaw overnight if you prefer having your cookies cold from the fridge.
What Are The Cookies Decorated With For Feet And Tail
You will color some of your royal icing pink and then use that to add on the bunny feet and tail. It is really easy to decorate.
Or you can reach for candies or sprinkles to use to place on cookies to get a similar look of bunny butt and paws. Even for the tail you could use a mini marshmallow if you wanted something to stick out.
Could I Use Another Type of Cookie
Not a fan of sugar cookies? Feel free to make any other type of cookie. Even a classic chocolate chip cookie would be tasty. The only downfall with that is you want to get that perfect circular look. And you would need to make a mini size cookie for the feet. But you are welcome to give it a try.
Want another adorable Easter treat?! Check out my delicious Easter Bark, you will love it!
These adorable Bunny Butt Sugar Cookies are so sweet & delicious! Not to mention ADORABLE! Super easy to recreate with your little ones.
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 1/2 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 circle cookie cutter
- 1 mini egg cookie cutter
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- ROYAL ICING
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 C powder sugar
- 2 disposable piping bag fitted with a number 2 tip
- 1 squeeze bottle
- pink food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, powder sugar, vanilla and egg together until creamy and combined.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cream of tarter and baking soda
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until combined and a dough forms
- Once the dough is formed, sprinkle about 3 tablespoons of flour onto a cutting board and place the dough onto the cutting board.
- Sprinkle some flour onto the cookie dough and roll out the dough to about 2 inches thick
- Cut out your cookies and place onto the cookie sheet
- Bake your cookies for about 8-10 minutes
- Let them cool completely
- Royal icing directions
- Using a standing mixer, mix together the egg whites, powder sugar, vanilla and cream of tarter until combined
- If your royal icing mixture looks like a yellow soup, add in another cup of powder sugar (max 2 cups) until your icing starts to thicken
- Continue to mix until white and stiff with peaks. About 5-7 minutes
- Scoop some icing into a bowl and add in your pink food coloring and mix until combined
- Scoop the pink icing into a piping bag and place into the fridge to use later
- Scoop some white icing into the piping bag
- Using the remaining white icing, add in 2-4 TBSP water into the white icing and mix until combined
- Pour into a squeeze bottle
- Using the white icing in the piping bag, pipe a line around the edging off all your cookies. Place white icing in the piping bag into the fridge to use later
- Using the squeeze bottle, fill in your cookies
- Let completely dry overnight
- Once dry, using the white piping bag, add a small dollop of icing onto the back of the egg cookies to act as a glue. These are going to be your bunny feet.
- Place two bunny feet on each circle cookie.
- Using the pink icing, add the details to the feet and pipe on a pink dot for the bunny tail.
- Let completely dry for an hour to two hours before enjoying!
Makes 14 circle cookies and 28 mini eggs for the feet
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 569Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 104gFiber: 1gSugar: 84gProtein: 4g