Get the flavors of a classic BLT but in the form of a salad. This BCT (bacon, cucumber, tomato) salad is refreshing and the mayonnaise base sauce really brings in the flavors of a BLT. Take a lighter road with this refreshing bacon cucumber and tomato salad.
This salad is absolutely delicious and really reminds me of the most delicious BLT sandwich. Minus the bread and minus the lettuce, but you won’t miss either. The cucumbers brings a freshness to the salad that completes it perfectly.
Easy Bacon Cucumber Tomato Salad
I love a nice cold summer salad to serve when we are grilling and especially one that contains lots of vegetables that my kids will just devour. This is the dish that everyone will devour. Having a bbq?! Check out my creamy coleslaw recipe and pasta salad recipes on the blog.
Garden Vegetable Tomato Cucumber Bacon Salad
I ran over to our local farmers market to grab some fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. I just love shopping at the farmers market and find so much inspiration for new vegetable dishes to make. I also find that when I let my boys come shop with me, they are more inclined to eat what I am serving without any hesitation at all. Mom WIN!
If you are a gardener this is the perfect salad to use up your fresh produce. Or if you are like me just stop at the farmers market! The fresher the veggies the more vibrant the flavors.
Tips for Prepping Veggies in the BCT Salad.
- Tomatoes | Reach for a serrated knife when slicing through tomatoes. The teeth of the knife help cut through the skin of the tomato easily.
- Cucumbers | I tend to peel my cucumbers a lot for a smoother texture. The skins offer more chew factor. But the skins have nutrients so do whatever taste best.
- Bite Size | One last tip is I love to cut my veggies nice and small. It gives it more of that bite size value and makes it easier to eat.
How Long Does Bacon Cucumber Tomato Salad Last
You can store your salad in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. If you find the mayonnaise base is soaking in just add a splash of milk and stir to revive it.
What Can I Use to Replace Mayonnaise I’m Bacon Cucumber Tomato Salad
If you don’t want to use mayonnaise you can always swap for ranch to replace. Or if you are wanting a healthier option try plain Greek yogurt. It will vary the flavor of the salad some.
What to Pair with the BCT Salad
Like I said I love this salad in the summer for when produce is fresh and bbq’s happen on the weekly! Here are some of my favorite main dishes to pair with my salad.
This salad is truly great any day of the week, for your family or to serve a crowd. I make it as a dinner side dish, bring to potluck, summer bbqs and more. You won’t be disappointed.
As you can see this salad takes minutes to prep. It is my go-to recipe for sure on those nights I want to pull dinner together in a hurry!
Delicious Bacon Cucumber Tomato Salad that is reminiscent of the most delicious BLT with half the calories.
- 2 Large Cucumbers
- 1 Pint cherry tomatoes or 4 Nice Sized Tomatoes, seeds removed
- 1 Package Bacon
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt to taste, I put mine on my tomatoes
- Pepper to taste
- Cut tomatoes and cucumbers to your desired shape and size.
- Cook your bacon (I microwaved mine in two batches)
- Salt your tomatoes and start combining the tomatoes, cucumbers and bacon crumbles. (save some bacon crumbles to sprinkle on top)
- Combine your mayonnaise, garlic powder and pepper.
- Combine your mayonnaise mixture with your tomato, cucumber and bacon mixture.
- Sprinkle bacon crumbles on top and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 7mg Sodium: 216mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Protein: 3g