Fall is here. You all know what that means, right? It’s pumpkin season! Fall is the perfect time to take out your pumpkins and make the most delicious recipes, like this family favorite, pumpkin crunch cake.
But should you stick to pumpkin pie? The best part about pumpkin is it’s such a versatile ingredient — you can make a myriad of desserts as well as other fall recipes using this scrumptious fruit.
Let’s face it — pumpkin desserts are the best! We have been obsessed with dump cakes for quite some time. This pumpkin cake is a souped-up version of a dump cake that will win your heart over. The best part? It’s easier to make than you think!
Here’s how to make pumpkin crunch cake as well as more information about this dessert.
About Pumpkin Crunch Cake
Pumpkin crunch cake is easy to make and is ideal for everyone to make. If you’re new to baking, this is the perfect beginner’s recipe — you’re using simple ingredients such as cake mix, pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, sugar, and common spices.
Not only that, but this recipe is flexible. You can use less sugar, use more cake mix, take out the pecans/almonds, or adjust the recipe in any way to your liking.
What Should You Eat With Pumpkin Crunch Cake?
We recommend you top your cake off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a big dollop of whipped topping! But the topping options are endless. Cream cheese frosting, caramel sauce, and maple syrup go perfectly with this cake.
How to Store Pumpkin Crunch Cake?
Always keep your pumpkin crunch cake in the fridge. This cake should last a few days.
Pumpkin Crunch Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, and spices until well mixed. Pour into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix and pecans on top
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the cake
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. The top should be browned and the custard should be set.
Serve while it’s warm. If you want to eat it while it’s cold, store it in the refrigerator for a few hours. Pumpkin crunch cake is a great after-dinner dessert and is also perfect to eat in the morning for breakfast.
Can I make my own Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Yes, you sure can. I have a really great and simple recipe to make pumpkin pie spice yourself. Sometimes it can be hard to find in the supermarket and it is much less expensive to make it yourself
Try More of Our Pumpkin Recipes
This pumpkin crunch cake is the best dessert to eat during the fall! It’s easy to make and you can serve it with just about anything.
Fall is the perfect time to take out your pumpkins and make the most delicious recipes, like this family favorite, pumpkin crunch cake.
- 1 (15 oz) Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 (12 oz) Can Evaporated Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 TSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 Cup Butter, Melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, add the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, & salt. Whisk until combined well.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with canola spray.
- Pour your batter into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle your cake mix over the top of your batter, evenly.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecan over the top, evenly.
- Drizzle the melted butter across the entire top, try to cover as much of the cake mix with butter as possible.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Top with ice cream or cool whip.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 423mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 4g