Sharing is caring!
I made these Mickey Sandwich Cookies recently. I wanted to make these ahead of time to make sure that the taste was delicious I also wanted to make sure that the appearance looked presentable for a Christmas Party that I was invited to.
I think they I did a pretty good job if you ask me. The thing I worry about now is when I do bring these to the party, people will ask me to start making these for them. 🙂 Eh, I don’t mind. Just kidding a little. I don’t mind baking and spending time in the kitchen. It’s the clean up that bothers me the most.
The Mickey Sandwich Cookies that I baked are colorful for the Christmas Season. I love them. What I like the most, is that you can also use different color for the dough for different birthday parties and get together as well. This is not limited to the Christmas Holiday.
Enjoy the Recipe Card that is below for your convenience. The card makes it easier so that you don’t have to write it all out. Simply print and you are done. 😉
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- red and green food coloring
- 1 container of vanilla frosting, divided into 2 bowls
- Cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Mini Mickey Mouse cookie cutter
- Medium circle cookie cutter
- 2 Disposable piping bags
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, cream butter and sugar until creamed together and combined.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder and use a whisk and mix to combined.
- Split the dough in half
- Using 1 half of the dough, mix red food coloring into the cookie dough and mix until combined
- Repeat step with the other dough using the green food coloring
- Roll out the red dough out on a lightly floured surface to a rectangle shape about 1/2 inch thick
- Using the circle cookie cutter, cut the out 10 circles
- Using 5 circles, take the mini mickey cookie cutter, and cut out a mickey head
- Repeat steps with the green cookie dough
- Place cookie onto the cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes
- Using two bowls, split the frosting into each bowl
- Add some red food dye into one bowl and green into the other and mix until combined
- Scoop the red frosting into one piping bag and the green frosting into the second piping bag
- Once cookies have been baked and cooled, take a solid red cookie and a mickey head red cookie and pipe green frosting onto the solid cookie.
- Smooth the frosting out with a butter knife and place the mickey head cookie on top.
- Repeat steps with remaining cookies.
After reading the recipe and seeing these Cute Mickey Sandwich Cookies, will you be making your own? If so, come back and let us know how well yours turned out.
Mickey Sandwich Cookies
Sharing is caring!