Sharing is caring!
My Reindeer Oreos are too cute not to share with everyone. They are really fun to make with my kids and my grandchildren both. We get together a lot and bake goodies as well. Making these were no different. The kids got right up and offered help. It was a really fun project.
Although my kids are special to me and I enjoy making goodies with them, seeing my granddaughters eyes light up helping make them was something like no other. When the finished product was done, she grinned her ear to ear. She is really special. She loves My Reindeer Oreos. She takes the ears off first, then the nose and then eyes. She is too cute.
I am happy with the way these turned out. The outcome is amazing! How could you think not?
I have included a Recipe Card below for your convenience. It makes getting the recipe easier. Simply print and you are done.
- 1 package of double stuffed oreos
- 2 boxs of M&M's, red's picked out
- 2 bags of ghiradelli milk chocolate melting wafers
- 2 packages of small edible eyes
- 1 bag of mini pretzel twists
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment or wax paper
- Using a double boiler, melt 1 bag of the chocolate
- Mix gradually with a rubber spatula until chocolate is melted
- Using a fork, dip the oreo into the chocolate and flip the cookie over to fully coat it.
- Slowly pick up the oreo cookie with the fork and lightly tap the edge of the pot to shake off the excess chocolate
- Place onto cookie sheet and repeat steps with remaining cookies
- Using the none melted chocolate wafers place a wafer onto the lower part of the cookie for the mouth
- Above the mouth place two eyes
- Take a red M&M and dip it into melted chocolate left over and then place it onto the wafer for the nose
- Repeat steps with remaining cookies
- Place cookies into the fridge for 20 minutes or until chocolate is hardened
- Once chocolate is hard
- Flip cookies over and dip the bottom of the pretzels into melted chocolate and then place onto the corner of the of the cookies for the antlers
- Repeat step with remaining cookies
- Let chocolate harden before enjoying!
I hope that you will give My Reindeer Cookies a thought when it comes to writing down what you will make for your Christmas Parties and Festivities. If you decide to make these let us know or send in your pictures to us so that we can see your finished product.
Sharing is caring!