These Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies are delicious and made all homemade. I think they are pretty cute as well. Although this recipe is not really too hard to make, it does call for the dough to sit in the refrigerator overnight.
I have always loved pumpkin spices and the flavors of the pumpkin. Pumpkin Pie, Coffee, and Dips are a favorite of mine. Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies are no different. I made them recently at home and decided that this is one that I will be making for my husbands carry-in at work.
These cookies are colorful and cute both. The outcome of the cookies is one to make a person proud of. At least with me, I was really proud of the way they turned out. I was actually shocked. Anyone can get them to look just like I did.
I have included a Recipe Card for your Convenience below. I hope that you will find it useful.
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookie Ingredients
- 3 1/4 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2/3 C sugar
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 canned pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Shaped Cookie Cutter
Cookie Icing Ingredients
- 3 egg whites
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- Orange and Green gel food coloring
- 3 disposable piping bags with a number 2 tip and number 66 tip
- 1 squeeze bottle
Cookie Dough Instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder and spices, using a whisk to combine.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add both sugars and beat until combined.
- Add egg, vanilla pumpkin and beat to combined
- Making sure to scrap down the sides of your bowl.
- While the mixer is running on low, add the flour mixture, slowly.
- Mix until all of the flour is combined
- Dump out the dough onto a clean work surface, kneed in any extra bits of flour or dough.
- Place dough into a bowl and cover with foil
- Place into the fridge for overnight.
- Next day, pull out dough and let stand until soft.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Lightly flour surface on a cutting board and roll dough out to 2-3 inches thick
- place parchment paper onto a cookie sheet
- Cut out shapes and place onto sheet
- Bake in the oven for 9 minutes or until lightly golden brown
- Using a standing mixer, combine the egg whites, powder sugar, vanilla, and cream of tarter and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Split the icing into two bowls
- Add a little bit of food coloring into each bowl. One color per bowl.
- Scoop a little bit of the orange icing into one piping bag with a number 2 tip and the green icing into the other number 2 tip and number 66 tip
- Add 3 tbsp water into the remaining orange icing and mix until combined
- Pour icing into the squeeze bottle
- Using the orange icing in the piping bag, outline the cookies
- Fill in the middle part of the cookie and let dry for an hour
- Fill in the side parts of the cookies and let dry for 2 hours before piping on the steam and leafs
- Once dry, using the green icing in the number 2 tip, pipe on the steam and vine on the cookie
- Using the number 66 tip, pipe on the leaves.
- Let dry for an hour before enjoying!
After you have read the Recipe Card and have decided to make your very own Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies, come back here and let me know how yours turned out. I love hearing how others recipes turned out. Did you do anything differently to the recipe?