Crockpot apple barbeque pork loin is a meal that is bursting with flavor as it combines apple pie filling and barbeque sauce for an easy crockpot dinner dish everyone will love.
Crockpot Apple Barbecue Pork Loin
When I was at the store the other day the pork loins were on super sale so I stocked up on them! They are so easy to cook with and so versatile. I was planning on making my famous air fryer rotisserie pork loin but then the apple pie filling caught me off guard at the store. I grabbed a few knowing I would be using it to cook my pork loin for dinner that night.
This crockpot apple barbeque pork loin recipe is one of a kind! It is tender, full of flavor, and so easy to create. It is the perfect dish to welcome fall when you aren’t quite ready to give up BBQing outside, but ready to start using your slow cooker again. I love this dish and my family loves it too!
If you are ready to start using your slow cooker then add these to this week’s meal plan! Slow cooker garlic parmesan chicken and crockpot chicken teriyaki are both family favorites that I am sure you will love as well.
How to make crockpot apple barbeque pork loin
Step 1: Lay your pork loin(s) in your crockpot.
Step 2: In a large bowl, mix your apple pie filling, onions & bbq sauce.
Step 3: Pour over your meat.
Step 4: Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
Step 5: Slice and serve with mashed potatoes, white rice, or egg noodles.
Tips Tricks and FAQs
- If you really want to seal in all those juicy flavors you can brown your pork loin first in a pan. Just add a 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and brown all the sides of your meat prior to adding to the crockpot.
- This recipe can easily be pulled and used for pulled pork sandwiches. (a great way to use up the leftovers)
- I love Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, but feel free to try one of your favorites. This will change the flavor of the dish depending on the type of BBQ sauce you use.
- If you really want the flavors to soak in you can marinate this recipe for several hours in the fridge prior to cooking.
You will want to store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container. This recipe will last up to 3 days when stored properly.
This is a great make-ahead dish for those busy nights. Often I will grab a Ziploc freezer bag add my pork loin, as well as the marinade, and then place it in the freezer. The night before cooking I will place it in the fridge.
If you forget to pull it out the night before you need to thaw it just long enough to remove all the marinade and the pork loin from the bag. Once you can remove it, dump it in the crockpot. This will increase your cooking time if you do it this way.
Looking for more crockpot dishes? Try these!
Crockpot apple barbeque pork loin is a meal that is bursting with flavor as it combines apple pie filling and barbeque sauce for an easy dish everyone will love.
- 3-4 lb pork loin (you can use 2 smaller pieces if they fit)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
- 1 cup barbecue sauce I use Sweet Baby Rays
- Lay your pork loin in your crockpot.
- In a large bowl, mix your apple pie filling, onions & bbq sauce.
- Pour over your meat.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Slice and serve with mashed potatoes, white rice, or egg noodles.