I keep looking for simple beautiful ways to tell your loved ones just how much you love them. Gifts made from the heart at truly what LOVE is all about.
I had no idea until recently how easy cake pops were to make. Decorate them for any occasion and they will be the hit of every party!
This recipe is definitely something that you can do with the kids, it really is that easy.
In a microwave-safe container microwave candy melts at 50% power or the defrost setting on your microwave. Melt for one minute to start. Remove and stir. Place back in the microwave for additional 30 seconds at 50% power. Remove and stir. Continue to do this in 30 second intervals until smooth and creamy. Remember less is better. You can help melt some pieces that are still not fully melted by stirring with a spoon. You do not want to over microwave your chocolate.
Cake all crumbled
Cake balls with lollipop sticks inserted after being dipped in chocolate
- 1 Box Pink Velvet Cake Mix cooked to package directions.
- 1 Pink Vanilla Frosting
- Lollipop sticks
- White Chocolate Chips
- Pink Chocolate Melts, optional
- Make cake per package directions ahead of time. This way it is nice and cool and ready to get crumbled.
- In a large bowl, crumble your cake into small pieces. Just dig in with your hands and crumble away.
- Once finely crumbled, take one heaping spoon of Pink Vanilla frosting. The frosting should be added as you feel needed. Start with one heaping scoop and more than likely you will want to add some more. You want your cake to shape into a ball and stay together firmly.
- Shape your balls with your hands. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes to firm up a bit.
- Just before removing from the freezer, melt your chocolate using my melting instructions above.
- Remove from the freezer and poke a hole into your cake ball with your lollipop stick before dipping it into chocolate. You are just creating the spot for your lollipop stick to be inserted smoother once its dipped in chocolate.
- Dip the end of your lollipop stick into melted chocolate. The chocolate acts like glue. Place dipped stick into your pre-poked hole.
- Now dip your entire ball into the melted chocolate. Pull your ball out and keep over the melted chocolate while you let the excess chocolate drip off. Have something handy that you can stick your lollipop stick into allowing your cake pop to dry without getting smooshed.
- Quickly decorate your cake pop before your chocolate dries, remember melted chocolate acts as your glue.
- Once decorated place your lollipop sticks into something like a upside down colander to dry.