A delicious twist on the all-time favorite campfire treat, S’mores! Soft and creamy peanut butter cookie, a toasted homemade marshmallow fluff and a decadent chocolate ganache that is so delicious it should have a warning label!
These peanut butter smores cookies are such a delicious twist on everyone’s favorite campfire treat, Smores! I must admit these cookies had my heart at chocolate ganache. I LOVE chocolate ganache.
I have some of the sweetest memories attached to s’mores. My memories really bring me straight back to the sweetest of moments of my childhood both filled with love and s’mores. Sometimes when something as simple as a delicious peanut butter smores cookie can bring your heart to a place filled with the sweetest of moments than it is nothing short of magical.
- 1/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 C peanut butter
- 1/4 C shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 C water
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 3/4 C light corn syrup
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 disposable piping bag
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 oz heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and set aside
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and shortening and mix until combined
- Add in the egg and mix until combined
- In a large bowl, using a whisk mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture into the wet mixture until combined
- Using a ice cream scoop, scoop some cookie dough into your hands and roll into a ball
- Roll cookie dough ball into the sugar and then place onto the cookie sheet
- Repeat the steps for 11 more cookie dough balls
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes
Marshmallow Fluff Directions
- Place water, sugar, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan, stir with a whisk until combined.
- Insert a candy thermometer into the pot and heat over medium-high. Do not continue to stir
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar in standing mixer.
- When the sugar syrup reaches about 225 degrees, start whipping the egg whites into soft peaks
- When the whites are soft peaks, this is when the sugar syrup should be at 240 degrees
- Remove from heat, turn mixer to medium and very slowly pour the sugar syrup into the egg whites in a thin, steady stream.
- Once all of the syrup is poured in, set mixer to medium/high and continue whipping.
- Continue to whip for 7-8 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Add in vanilla and whip until the fluff has cooled, about 2 minutes.
- Scoop some of the marshmallow fluff into the piping bag and place the rest into a Tupperware.
- Place chocolate chips and cream into a double boiler.
- Mix until combined and smooth
- Scoop into a bowl and set aside
Directions to put together
- Preheat oven to low broil
- Using one peanut butter cookies, pipe marshmallow fluff onto the back of it
- Repeat the step for 12 cookies
- Place cookies onto cookie sheet and place into the oven for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallow is slightly golden like a marshmallow over an open fire
- Using the other 12 cookies, spread some chocolate ganache and sandwich the two together.
- Enjoy with a big glass of milk!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 148mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 25g Protein: 4g