Sharing is caring!
Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies Are two homemade peanut butter cookies sandwiched together with a homemade marshmallow fluff and chocolate ganache.
A delicious twist on the all-time favorite campfire treat, S’mores! These s’mores cookies should have a warning label!
Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies
These peanut butter smores cookies are such a delicious twist on everyone’s favorite campfire treat, Smores! I must admit these cookies had my heart at chocolate ganache. I LOVE chocolate ganache.
I have some of the sweetest memories attached to s’mores. My memories really bring me straight back to the sweetest of moments of my childhood both filled with love and s’mores. Sometimes when something as simple as a delicious peanut butter smores cookie can bring your heart to a place filled with the sweetest of moments than it is nothing short of magical.
Can I Use Jarred Marshmallow Fluff
If you don’t want to make homemade fluff you are more than welcome to buy a jar and use. I found it neat to make homemade, the flavor was so delicious.
What is The Chocolate Part in This Cookie
Instead of a classic chocolate bar I reached for a homemade chocolate ganache. It really elevated the flavor of these peanut butter cookies I think.
Tender peanut butter cookies, gooey marshmallow with the perfect rich chocolate. Each bite is finger licking good.
How To Store S’mores Cookies
You will want to store these cookies in an airtight container. Make sure the cookies fully cool before you store them or it can create condensation.
You can also store them in an airtight bag. They will last for around 5 days before they get pretty dry.
Can You Freeze Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies
You can freeze these cookies if you want to save some back. I don’t see why they wouldn’t work. I haven’t tried it cause they get gobbled up so fast once I make them.
Just store in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to three months. Thaw cookies on counter when you want one.
Looking for more desserts to make
- 25 Ice Cream Pies | Here you have one insane list of ice cream pies to consider making!
- S’mores Mix | This s’mores mix can be thrown together in minutes for a tasty snacking. Great for anytime of year!
- Easy Slutty Brownies | Don’t be fooled these brownies are incredible. Brownies, cookies and Oreos collide all in one layered brownie recipe.
Can I Use Other Cookies For Base of S’mores Cookies
Absolutely, if you are not a fan of peanut butter cookies, feel free to use chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, or anything else you want.
This recipe is versatile so create the perfect s’mores treat for you and your family.
A delicious twist on the all-time favorite campfire treat, S'mores! Soft and creamy peanut butter cookie, a toasted homemade marshmallow fluff and a decadent chocolate ganache that is so delicious it should have a warning label!
- 1/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 C peanut butter
- 1/4 C shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 C water
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 3/4 C light corn syrup
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 disposable piping bag
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 oz heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and set aside
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and shortening and mix until combined
- Add in the egg and mix until combined
- In a large bowl, using a whisk mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture into the wet mixture until combined
- Using a ice cream scoop, scoop some cookie dough into your hands and roll into a ball
- Roll cookie dough ball into the sugar and then place onto the cookie sheet
- Repeat the steps for 11 more cookie dough balls
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes
Marshmallow Fluff Directions
- Place water, sugar, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan, stir with a whisk until combined.
- Insert a candy thermometer into the pot and heat over medium-high. Do not continue to stir
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar in standing mixer.
- When the sugar syrup reaches about 225 degrees, start whipping the egg whites into soft peaks
- When the whites are soft peaks, this is when the sugar syrup should be at 240 degrees
- Remove from heat, turn mixer to medium and very slowly pour the sugar syrup into the egg whites in a thin, steady stream.
- Once all of the syrup is poured in, set mixer to medium/high and continue whipping.
- Continue to whip for 7-8 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Add in vanilla and whip until the fluff has cooled, about 2 minutes.
- Scoop some of the marshmallow fluff into the piping bag and place the rest into a Tupperware.
- Place chocolate chips and cream into a double boiler.
- Mix until combined and smooth
- Scoop into a bowl and set aside
Directions to put together
- Preheat oven to low broil
- Using one peanut butter cookies, pipe marshmallow fluff onto the back of it
- Repeat the step for 12 cookies
- Place cookies onto cookie sheet and place into the oven for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallow is slightly golden like a marshmallow over an open fire
- Using the other 12 cookies, spread some chocolate ganache and sandwich the two together.
- Enjoy with a big glass of milk!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g
Sharing is caring!