Serve up these outstanding Ninja Foodi Beef Empanadas this holiday season. I am telling you, the Ninja Foodi crisps up the outside of your empanadas perfectly, so you have a crispy flaky crust, with a filling that is bursting with flavor.
These Ninja Foodi Beef Empanadas literally have me dancing around in excitement. I have always considered myself very lucky because I live within a few miles of one of the Empanada Guy’s food trucks. Until I got my Ninja Foodi I never even considered making an empanada. I have such delicious ones close enough by and the mess I make frying foods is not worth me frying foods! I hate cleaning up that mess.
The Best Ninja Foodi Beef Empanadas You Will Ever Have
So because I don’t like frying, my Ninja Foodi will crisp these empanadas up like they were fried, and I don’t lose out on the crispy outside, and the cleanup is minimal. Let me share all about how I make these outstanding beef empanadas using the Air Fryer crisper lid on my Foodi.
How Do You Make Easy Beef Empanadas
If you follow my recipe below, you will be amazed at how easy these are to assemble. I use the traditional green olives, ground beef, spices and more to give you that authentic empanada flavor. The Foodi will crisp it up nicely so put that cooking oil away, you won’t need it!
Are Empanadas Mexican
Many consider empanadas Mexican because you will find if you take a visit, there are so many different flavor combination and styles of empanadas in Mexico. You will find some filled with fish, made with a corn dough, pork picadillo flavored ones, and so much more.
Can You Freeze Empanadas
Yes! Just lay your unbaked beef empananadas on a lined baking sheet, to prevent sticking. Then freeze them until they are frozen through and solid. Then put them in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. You can bake them straight from the freezer just adjust the cooking time. Or allow to thaw and cook accordingly.
I am so happy that I have been able to learn how to make them from home. I was a little intimidated by empanadas. Now that I ventured out and tried them I am now excited to continue the journey and maybe venture out to new flavors.
You will find many homes making empanadas around the holidays and new year. If you are one of them, I encourage you to try my recipe. Even better if you got a Ninja Foodi over the holidays. This is a great starter recipe to attempt in your Foodi.
If you are looking for another incredible dish to make in your Ninja Foodi, try my Ninja Foodi Copycat Buffalo Wild Wings Honey BBQ Wings
These Ninja Foodi Beef Empanadas are so flaky and delicious. Made completely in your Foodi.
- 1/2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TSP Minced Garlic
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Pound ground beef
- 1/4 Cup 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- 10-12 Spanish Olives Stuffed with Minced Pimientos, thinly sliced
- 2 TBSO Sofrito (this will be in the same section as the goya seasoning)
- 1 Packet Sazon Goya with Coriander and Annatto
- 1/2 TSP Dried Oregano
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 Package Goya Discos, thawed
- Select Saute and set to high. Press Start
- Allow the pot to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 TBSP of olive oil. Let the oil heat up for a minute.
- Add the garlic and onions. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add chopped meat and cook until browned. Breaking up meat as it cooks.
- Add in tomato sauce, olives, sofrito, sazon packet, oregano n black pepper. MIx together.
- Select Saute and change temp to md and allow chopped meat mixture to simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 min, remove cooked chopped meat mixture to a bowl.
- On a lightly floured surface, lay a thawed disco
- Spoon about 2 tbsp. meat mixture into middle, fold in half to form a half moon; moisten edges with water and pinch to seal closed, or seal with a fork.
- Whisk egg white with water, then brush the tops of the empanadas.
- Place 2-3 in the crisp basket.
- Select Air Crisp, set temp to 375 degrees. Set time to 8 minutes. Press Start.
- Start checking your empanadas after about 5 minutes to make sure they do not over brown.
- Continue making batches until you finish all of your chopped meat mixture. I had enough for 5 large empanada discos.
I had enough for 5 large empanada discos.