Easter crack is the same incredible taste with Easter inspired colors. You won’t believe how easy this is to make.
Easter is my favorite holiday of the year. I go all out for Easter. For over 20 years, I have hosted Easter at my house. For at least the last 10 years, I have served this delicious Easter crack. Crack candy has been around forever! I have just taken it one giant step further by adding all the festive chocolate & sprinkle colors.
Everyone is invited and I hope everyone will be here. It usually is a full house. Full of love, laughter, great food and always some super special Easter treats. Easter crack is sure to be the hit of the day.
I tried Christmas crack for the first time this year and I must admit it was love at first bite. I have made it my own personal mission to create a version for every holiday. Of course, the taste and recipe are the same, I have just switched up the color chocolate and decorations in honor of Easter.
I love working with chocolate and consider each piece of bark and crack that I create to be a work of art. Find your inner Picasso and join me in the fun.
These are dipped in LOVE and served from the heart. Anyone that is gifted these delicious treats will know how much they are loved.
Watch this video for no-fail results.
In a microwave-safe container, microwave candy melts at 50% power or the defrost setting on your microwave. Melt for one minute to start. Remove and stir. Place back in the microwave for additional 30 seconds at 50% power. Remove and stir. Continue to do this in 30-second intervals until smooth and creamy. Remember less is better. You can help melt some pieces that are still not fully melted by stirring with a spoon. You do not want to over microwave your chocolate.
A delicious candy that is made with just butter, brown sugar, saltine crackers and chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a large cookie try with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray. Line saltines up neatly in rows.
- In a medium sized pot, melt your butter and brown sugar. Once butter is melted down, bring to a boil. Continue to stir the entire time and boil for about 2 minutes. It will look gorgeous and bubbly.
- Pour over the top of the saltines. Gently spread across the saltines.
- Place in oven and bake for about 7 minutes.
- While your crack is in the oven, melt your pink & yellow chocolate melts according to the package directions. *Please see the body of the post. I have included my no fail chocolate melting tips.
- Remove the pan from the oven, use a spatula to move your crackers back tightly together.
- Now sprinkle your white chocolate chips over the saltines. Your hot toffee mixture will melt the chips. I put mine back in the oven for a minute to move the process along. Once your chips are melting, spread across the top evenly with a spatula.
- Mix your pink & yellow chocolate into the white chocolate by pouring it over the top in a decorative way. I also like to use a butter knife tip to help combine the colors to my liking.
- Quickly decorate with sprinkles that tickle your fancy. The melted chocolate will act as your glue.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 547 Saturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 355mg Carbohydrates: 59g Sugar: 47g Protein: 4g