Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks are the ultimate at-home appetizer or snack. Crispy breading with gooey cheese inside! Pair with marinara sauce and dive in.
Skip frying and make this air fryer mozzarella sticks recipe today. This is one recipe you will want to make with your air fryer.
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Crispy breaded coating paired with rich melted cheese. How could anyone resist this combination?
My family loved these, and it will be a recipe we make over and over again. Great for game day snacking, appetizer for parties, and a perfect midnight snack.
Best Cheese To Use
You can make it really simple and reach for a string cheese if you want. Or grab your favorite block mozzarella and slice it into sticks.
The biggest thing is buy cheese that taste good. It is the main ingredient so quality cheese will offer better flavor.
Should I Preheat My Air Fryer
Not every recipe cooked in the air fryer requires a preheated fryer. This recipe though is great to have a preheated air fryer.
The reason being is you will find the cheese can become melted more if your air fryer is not preheated.
Tossing these in to a hot air fryer allows the outside to cook faster, while maintaining the cheese center.
What to Serve With
- Marinara sauce
- Ranch dressing
You can honestly dip them in anything or nibble on them plain. I love the pairing with marinara, it’s such a satisfying combination.
Do Mozzarella Sticks Store Well
These bite size sticks are best when served fresh out of the air fryer. Like any crispy coated food or appetizer, the coating softens as it cools.
I recommend making what you can eat and not going overboard with extras. They still taste awesome cold, straight from the fridge. The cheese hardens back up and the coating becomes softer.
You can store extras in the fridge up to three days.
Craving More Satisfying Party Foods
- Air Fryer Cheese Meatballs | Bite into these homemade meatballs that are filled with cheese in the center. Insanely delicious!
- Crispy Chicken Wings | My tried and true air fryer wings recipe I make over and over again. Eat plain or serve with your favorite dips.
- Instant Pot Chili Relleno Dip | This dip is such a dynamite recipe. Creamy, rich, savory and loaded with flavor in every bite.
- Air Fryer Mini Corn Dogs |These are the ultimate lunch or dinner for kids and adults. So simple, and yet so satisfying.
Can I Double The Recipe
Absolutely! You are more than welcome to make as many or few mozzarella sticks as you would like.
The one thing I recommend is ensuring you batch cook. You do not want your mozzarella sticks touching or it won’t allow the coating to get crispy,
You can store your cooked mozz sticks in the oven at 200 degrees laid out in a baking sheet to keep warm. Just don’t stack as it can steam the sticks and coating can become soft.
So don’t wait and try this easy air fryer appetizer today! It’s satisfying and so easy with minimal ingredients needed.
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks are the ultimate at home appetizer or snack. Crispy breading with a gooey cheese inside! Pair with marinara sauce and dive in.
- 8-10 Mozzarella Sticks
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs,, Italian Seasoned (or add your own)
- Place Mozzarella sticks into the freezer and freeze well. 1-2 hours
- Place flour into a Ziploc bag. Add your mozzarella into the ziploc bag and coat them well in flour.
- Than coat in whisked egg wash.
- Finish by placing in the panko breadcrumbs and coat completely.
- Spray your air fryer pan with canola spray. I placed my mozzarella sticks onto my air fryer tray. Than placed them in the freezer. Freeze for at least one hour before placing in your air fryer.
- Preheat your air fryer to 370 degrees.
- Place tray in a middle slot if possible, you do not want to be too close to the heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Enjoy carefully while still hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 883mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 17g