Looking for a school Halloween snack that fits the criteria? These School Approved Frankenstein Halloween treat cups are the perfect Halloween Snack to win over the kids and follow the rules!
School Approved Frankensteins are going to be the hit of the class party, Halloween party, or any spooky party! Super easy to make!
Over the years more schools have implemented very strict rules for what parents are allowed to send to school, for class treats. This is a super easy, super adorable snack for your child’s Halloween class party that is definitely on the approved list of treats (always double check with your school’s list).
How to Make Frankenstein Healthy Halloween Snack Cups
Head on over to Costco or BJ’s and stock up on some green grapes. You will need clear plastic cups, either 18 or 24-ounce cups will work great. Permanent markers, candy eyes or googly eyes and plastic lids.
You can use either 18-ounce or 24-ounce sized cups, and you should be able to find lids in your local 711, Quick Check or Wawa, that will fit. My 711 has always allowed me to take lids when I explain I am using them to make a project for my kids.
I also did this with 16-ounce cups but could not find lids to fit. If it needs to be portable for a class party you will want to stick with a sized cup that will fit a lid.
If you plan ahead and are a prime member on Amazon you can also buy cups with lids at a cheap price and ship to your home!
What Other Snacks Can I Make into Halloween Snacks
If you are not a fan of grapes or want something different then opt for any other green fruit or even veggies.
- Honeydew Melon | Prep your melon and then chop into bite size pieces and use this to replace grapes.
- Green Peppers | Want a savory option? Wash, and slice peppers into long strips and place in cups. You could even do a smaller cup with homemade dip like ranch dressing. This would be a fun school snack as well.
- Kiwi | You wouldn’t want to make this too far ahead but kiwi would mimic Frankenstein well too! Peel, slice and serve them up. I would reach for a lot smaller cup size though if you plan to make more than a couple.
- Cucumbers | Wash and leave the peels on for a bolder green color!
Can I Make These Halloween Snacks Ahead of Time
You sure can. Prep and make all your Halloween Frankenstein snack cups up and then place them in the fridge. You can make these up to 24 hours ahead of time since they are grapes. Then when ready to load up just be careful to not bump the eyes on cups.
School Halloween Snacks
You can make snacking fun without it being cupcakes or candy. Kids will really enjoy the fun look of these grape snack cups! Since planning to bring snacks for school can be stressful, make it easy and quick!
This also works great for daycare snacks, also for after school treats for your kids, playdates and the list goes on.
Sneak some extra nutrients into snack time with this easy Halloween snack!
- I used 18 Ounce cups (24 ounce will work great too!) with lids
- Black Sharpie
- Candy eyes or googly eyes
- Glue stick or Elmers