Grab that Ninja Foodi and whip up these incredible Sticky Asian Ribs. You have that sweet and savory sticky glaze that covers the ribs, that is loaded with an oriental flavor.
Asian is something I crave often. We don’t want to run out to the restaurant all the time, so making our favorite dishes at home is a must. Plus this is a way more affordable dinner option than dining out.
Sticky Asian Ribs
Sticky Asian ribs have a homemade sauce that you will apply over the ribs. It adds the perfect amount of flavor that will leave you licking your fingers.
Why Cook Sticky Ribs in Ninja Foodi
- Pressure cook and crisp in one! No need for taking ribs and having to toss in oven to create the glaze. Do it right in the Ninja Foodi!
- Cheaper than ordering takeout.
- You know the exact ingredients used in the recipe.
- Easy to make.
- Quick cook time.
What To Serve With Sticky Asian Ribs
- Rice (plain or even cilantro rice)
- Soba noodles
- Rice noodles
- Cauliflower rice
What Does Sticky Asian Sauce Taste Like
You get a sweet and savory aspect to this sauce. You have rich flavors like soy sauce, honey, garlic and more. You get a lot a sweet and savory aspect that makes these ribs addictive.
Ways To Dress Up Asian Sticky Ribs
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions
- Drizzle over sriracha sauce for a hot kick
- Do a sprinkle of black or white sesame seeds
How To Store Leftover Sticky Ribs
You can store your leftover sticky ribs in the fridge for up to three days. Make sure it is in an airtight container or sealable bag. Then eat chilled or warm up in the microwave or cover and heat up in the oven. You just want to ensure they are covered or they will burn in the oven.
Do You Remove Membrane From Ribs
Yes, you need to remove the membrane on ribs before you cook. The reason being is removing the membrane will give you a fall off the bone rib vs chewy and really tough.
What Type of Vinegar Do You Use for Asian Ribs
I use rice vinegar. It is the perfect vinegar that pairs really well with the ingredients and offers an acidic element without being overpowering. You can find this at most mass retailers or shop online if you can’t find it in your local stores.
What To Side Dishes To Serve With Sticky Ribs
- Baked Beans
- Mashed Potatoes
- Crisp Green Salad
You can serve this next to any other side dishes as well. These ribs are pretty versatile in flavor so feel free to pair next to any of your favorite side dishes.
So what are you waiting for? Give these Ninja Foodi ribs a try! The Ninja Foodi is a must-have kitchen accessory that you need to add to your wishlist if you don’t own one yet!
Don’t have a Ninja Foodi yet? That’s okay, you can make these in your instant pot. Serve it up with some perfect instant pot white rice.
- 3-3½ lb baby back ribs
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp season all ( or *Chinese Five Spice)
- STICKY SAUCE
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1.4 cup honey
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1 TSP minced garlic
- 1 TSP fresh grated ginger
- 1 TBSP corn starch
- 1 TBSP water
- Cut ribs before cooking, I cut mine into individual pieces, you will want to cut at least, into 3 piece chunks, at min.
- Combine dry rub ingredients and rub all over and allow to marinate as long as possible.
- Place your metal trivet into your pot. Pour in 1 cup of water & 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar into your pot.
- Place ribs on top of the trivet.
- Close the pot and for PC on High setting for 30 minutes.
- While the ribs are cooking, lets make the sticky sauce.
- In a saucepan on the stove, combine all of the ingredients for the sticky sauce except the cornstarch. Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 TBSP of water, ,whisk until there are no lumps. Pour into your sauce .
- Continue to whisk sticky sauce while cornstarch mixtures starts to thicken the sauce. Simmer and whisk for a few minutes.
- Do a natural release for 10 min before releasing the remainder of the pressure.
- Remove Ribs and baste the sticky sauce over the ribs
- Place back in your pot, either on your trivet or you can move into the crisper basket. Broil for several minutes to bake on the sticky sauce and it starts to get a nice crispy finish.