I decided to make Mickey and Minnie Doughnuts to make a more festive Holiday Season. Aren’t these just the cutest ever? Not only can you make these for Christmas, but you can also decorate these up for any occasion. A child’s birthday party or any other special event.
They are really not too hard to make and honestly, I was happy with the outcome. I and the kids always love working together in the kitchen. My grandbaby loves them. Working in the kitchen together makes memories and that is the best part of all.
These Mickey and Minnie Doughnuts are sure to please any chocolate lover as well as any Disney lover. My niece had a birthday party recently and I made these for her birthday and she was so excited. Everyone at the party spoke of how they were cute and unique. It was the talk of the party.
I hope that you will at least try to make these. Honestly, they are not hard to make at all and you will be really surprised yourself. These Mickey and Minnie Doughnuts are chocolately delicious. Will you be making them? If so, let us know how yours turned out. Can’t wait to see yours! A recipe Card is below for your convenience!
Mickey and Minnie Doughnuts
- 1 package of chocolate covered hostess mini doughnettes
- 1 package of ghiradelli milk chocolate wafers
- 1 bag of red candy melts
- 1 tube of white cookie icing
- 1 small bag of mini M&M's, yellows picked out
- 1 package of wilton royal icing bows
- 1 container of wilton Holly Melody sprinkles
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment or wax paper
- Using a double boiler, melt the red chocolate candy melts and mix occasionally until smooth
- While chocolate is melting, make two slits onto the tops sides of the doughnut for the ears
- Using two ghiradelli milk chocolate wafers for each doughnut, slide a wafer into the slits to make mickey's ears
- Once the red chocolate is melted, dip the doughnut half way into the chocolate
- Lightly shake the doughnut to get rid of extra chocolate
- Place onto the cookie sheet and then place two yellow M&M's into the middle of the red for Mickey's pants
- Repeat the steps for all the doughnuts you want to do for Mickey
- Using a pair of tweezers, carefully place the holly leaves and red sprinkles for the berries into the corner for mickey.
- Set aside to dry!
- Dip the doughnuts that are being used for Minnie into the red and then place onto the cookie sheet
- Using a toothpick, dip the toothpick into the chocolate and add a dollop onto the back of the icing bow.
- Place the bow in between the ears
- Using the cookie icing, pipe on the polka dots for her dress
- Using a pair of tweezers, carefully place the holly leaves and red sprinkles for the berries onto the corner
- Let sit to dry completely