Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Beef And Macaroni Soup
Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Beef and Macaroni Soup is an immediate family favorite. Tender ground beef, carrots, onions, in a tomato-based broth, with pasta in every single bite. Grab some bowls and a ladle and scoop up this total comfort beef and macaroni soup recipe.
Soups are always welcome in our home. It has been one bitter and chilly winter, and my Ninja Foodi and Instant Pot have been in overdrive. Soups, stews, and more soups and stews are being made. I wanted to change things up, and I reached for what I had in the pantry. I combined a handful of our favorite ingredients and came up with a easy and delicious beef and pasta soup.
Hearty Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Beef and Macaroni Soup
I get asked over and over why do I say Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi. It is because the Ninja Foodi is essentially an Instant Pot and Air Fryer in one. So anything your Instant Pot can do so can your Ninja Foodi. Both of these kitchen devices will do the pressure cooking to cook your soup fast but give it that slow-simmered taste.
Best Pasta To Use For Beef and Macaroni Soup
You can use shells or even small elbow pasta. There is no wrong or right pasta for the recipe. The one thing to consider is if you go any smaller than say the shells or elbow, it could become mushy as it cooks. Smaller pasta doesn’t hold up as good in the pressure cooker when you go smaller than what is listed below.
Flavor Add-Ins for Beef and Macaroni Soup
We love this soup as is, but there are a handful of options to add more flavor factor to your soup. Let me share them all below.
- Cumin or Taco Seasoning | Want a Tex-Mex flair like a classic chili mac recipe? Add in a tablespoon of taco seasoning or a tablespoon of cumin.
- Cheese | Top your beef and macaroni soup with some shredded cheese for flavor!
- Beans | You can add a can of chili beans or straight pinto beans to the soup. It adds a lot more fiber and protein into the soup and helps it serve a larger crowd.
Can I Use Beef Bone Broth For Beef and Macaroni Soup
Yes! If you would prefer a bone broth reach for that instead. Bone broth offers so many added nutrients for your recipe; it is a wonderful broth to add in and skip the regular beef broth. You can make your own bone broth or buy some in-store or online.
How to Make Instant Pot Or Ninja Foodi Beef and Macaroni Soup
The first step is to cook your ground beef on the saute function on Foodi or Instant Pot. Once it is browned, add in your olive oil, garlic, and onion, and stir until your veggies are translucent and fragrant.
Then drain off any grease, and return meat to the pot. I find this is very helpful, or you will end up with a layer of grease on top of your soup.
Add in your other ingredients and mix well. Turn to high pressure and cook for five minutes. When time goes off, quick release and serve.
Look at how incredibly easy this soup is to make. It is great leftover, and perfect for feeding a crowd. If you are a fan of pasta, soup and ground beef, this recipe might be right up your alley!
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small chopped yellow onion
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 6 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh marjoram (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 box dry med shell or small elbow pasta
- Set Instant pot to sauté function.
- Add olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook until garlic is fragrant, and onion is translucent; about 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef. Cook until no longer pink, stirring regularly. Carefully drain grease and return to pot.
- Add in the carrots, beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire, marjoram, bay leaves and pasta. Mix everything together.
- Set Instant Pot to high pressure and set cook time for 5 minutes. Make sure venting is off. When timer goes off, do a quick release.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 309 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 914mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Protein: 30g