This post includes a recipe for alcohol. Drink responsibly. Sparkles to Sprinkles and it’s authors are not responsible for the actions of our readers should they choose to make this recipe and consume it. Please drink responsibly.
Instant Pot Coquito is one incredible holiday drink recipe you will want to make for all your holiday entertaining. Creamy, rich and a boozy eggnog cocktail that is loaded with flavor and a kick. Purto Rican Coquito is a must-make recipe this year.
I use my Instant Pot as the double boiler in this Coquito recipe. I have found it to be my go-to method when it comes to needing a double boiler. It is so easy, and I can have it anywhere in my kitchen, which is close to a plugin.
Instant Pot Coquito
You can whisk up the base to this Coquito in your Instant Pot and once you remove it toss in your alcohol and vanilla and chill in the fridge. Or if you can’t wait then pour some straight in a glass and sip it warm.
What Alcohol Is Used In Coquito
You will want to buy rum for this recipe. That is the alcohol that is used in Coquito. Now, there maybe be other alcohols you could swap and try if you are not a big rum fan.
What’s The Difference Between Coquito and Eggnog
So you will find that eggnog is a milk-based drink that is made with eggs, sugar, and milk, you can add in alcohol or make it non-alcoholic. Coquito is a Puerto Rican Eggnog that is made with coconut and rum. It is an adult alcoholic holiday drink you will love sipping on this winter.
How Long Before Coquito Goes Bad
Because this is a homemade version you will find it won’t have as long as a shelf life as buying it in-store. You can keep this for around a month in your fridge. Depending on ingredients will affect the shelf life. So keep that in mind if you change up the recipe at all.
Can I Make This Coquito Non-Alcoholic
If you have kids who want to sip on some as well, you can replace the rum with coconut milk or even whole milk. Either will work and you will still get all the rich and creamy flavors in this drink.
Or if you are not wanting a super-strong drink, simply replace part of the alcohol with milk. Whether that be coconut milk or regular milk. Then create a drink that fits your tastebud needs.
If you want to serve this up and want to have strengths then wait to pour the rum in until you serve by the glassful. That way everyone can enjoy their strength of the drink.
Looking for more Instant Pot Drinks
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Coffee Concentrate | This is a must make for anyone who loves the pumpkin spice world. Make iced drinks, fraps, and so much more.
- Cherry Pie Moonshine | This moonshine is one of the most popular recipes on my site. Get homemade moonshine that is flavored like cherry pie.
- Instant Pot Apple Pie Moonshine | If you want more than one recipe to whip up, have this as a drink as well. Decadent apple pie flavor-infused moonshine.
Coquito in the pressure cooker is a creative and easy way to enjoy your traditional recipe. Let me know how you like this sinfully delightful rum-based drink.
- 2 Egg Yolks, beaten
- 1 Can (12 oz) Evaporated Milk
- 1 Can (14 oz) Cream of Coconut
- 1 Can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 Cup White Rum
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 TSP Ground Cloves
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- *Using your instant pot as a double boiler, add the egg yolks and evaporated milk. Using a whisk, whisk your yolks and evaporated milk continuously. Keep whisking your mixture for several minutes until it reaches 160 degrees. It will be starting to get a nice thicker consistency.
- Once the temperature reaches 160 degrees, pour it into your blender. Add in the cream of coconut, condensed milk, white rum,water, ground cloves, cinnamon & vanilla. Blend until well blended. This does not take long, you just want to combine the ingredients well.
- Chill for at least 4 hours. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one month. Shake well before serving.
*Please follow the link to my How To Use Your Instant Pot As A Double Boiler for simple safe instructions
Thank you All Recipes for the base recipe used to convert to an instant pot version.
This post includes a recipe for alcohol. Drink responsibly. Sparkles to Sprinkles and it's authors are not responsible for the actions of our readers should they choose to make this recipe and consume it. Please drink responsibly.