Halloween Jack-O’-Lantern Cake
Isn’t this cake just the cutest thing EVER!!! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love this time of year, I love decorating for Halloween, I love how excited my kids get, I love seeing all the kids trick or treating, I love the CANDY CORN, I love the treats! There is not much I do not love about Halloween, except maybe the haunted houses. LOL
Halloween is a magical time of year. If you have a few good tricks in your back pocket like this adorable Halloween Jack-O’-Lantern Cake you are sure to impress the best. I remind you all, often, that baking is not my forte. I love to cook but I also love bakeries. 😋 Most of my time and effort is put into cooking and rarely baking. So if there is a recipe on my blog that falls into the baking category then we can label it VERY EASY.
The smiles on my boys faces when they saw this cake was absolutely priceless!
You can decorate your cake to be a scary or sweet Jack-O’-Lantern, the possibilities are endless.
If you are having trouble finding the cones and fondant, here is where you can find them on Amazon
Halloween Jack-O'-Lantern Cake
- 2 Packages of Cake Mix, your choice on flavor
- 1 Colored Ice Cream Cone
- 2 Cans Orange Frosting
- 1 Package Black Fondant
- Prepare and cook cake mixes per package instructions in 2 bundt cake pans.
- Once cakes are cool you will put the two pieces together creating your pumpkin shape.
- You may need to trim/slice off some of the bottom of the cakes so they sit well without wobbling. Depending on the size of your cone you may want to stick a piece of tin foil in the top center hole, so that when you place the ice cream cone, it will stay steady in place.
- Frost your cakes as neatly as possible. Roll out your black fondant and flatten to about 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut out your shapes and press into the frosting.
- Place your ice cream cone in the top.
Adapted from Taste of Home Halloween
I LOVE this cake!!! So happy and yummy!! I would like to invite you to my DIY Crush Craft Party which starts at 7pm EST. and is new every Thursday. I’ll pin every post!! 😉
I really love Halloween, too!! This cake came out great and I bet it was delicious!!