I have been continuing my healthy journey and continuing to include various detox drinks. I have seen noticeable improvements in my health thanks to these drinks. I have used drinks to aid in weight loss. I have used them to help reduce inflammation. I have boosted my immune system with drinks. I am a firm believer in the health benefits of the various detox drinks.
Dr. Oz really brought to light the benefits of detox drinks when he recommended an apple cinnamon detox water. That was the first detox water that I tried and created a recipe for. I loved the loss of appetite and increase in energy that I experienced with that drink.
Why this Energy Drink Works
- Cardamom Increases circulation and boosts energy.
- Ginger has many healing properties including relieving headaches and muscle soreness.
- Cinnamon stimulates brain function and detoxifies the body.
- Tumeric reduces inflammation and increases the oxygen intake of the brain.
- Honey acts as time released fuel for the body’s muscles.
- Oranges release energy to the body over time instead of an increase in sugar all at once.
- Lemons support digestion and boost circulation.
Delicious Energy Drink that will give you a healthy extra boost of energy.
- ½ an Orange
- 1 Lemon
- ¼ tsp. Cardamom
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- Warm water
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey to a glass.
- Grate ½ a teaspoon of fresh ginger into the glass with the honey.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of cardamom to the mixture.
- Pour in ¼ teaspoon of turmeric to the glass.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon to the glass.
- Chop half of a lemon into wedges, and add those to the mixture.
- Squeeze in the juice from half of a lemon.
- Cut ½ an orange into wedges, and place it in the glass on top of the lemon.
- Fill the cup up the rest of the way with warm water. Mix well before drinking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Sodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g