BLTA = Bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado = HEAVEN! Add these ingredients into chicken salad and this becomes the most incredibly delicious Chicken Salad recipe. Serve up in lettuce wraps or reach for a tortilla!
BLTA Chicken Salad
Bacon, avocado, lettuce, chicken and tomato are the base of the salad. These five flavors together are such a magical medley of tastes, add in chicken salad and it is the most delicious chicken salad you have ever had.
This BLTA Chicken Salad is the perfect chicken salad recipe for either a quick weekday lunch or for a special occasion brunch.
How to Make
Step 1: Start by making the homemade mayo based dressing. All the ingredients are listed below. Simply whisk together in a bowl.
Step 2: Shred or dice chicken, along with prepping your veggies.
Step 3: Put everything in a bowl and toss until evenly coated with dressing.
Can I Swap Out Rotisserie Chicken
This recipe calls for the meat from a rotisserie chicken but you can use any chicken meat that you would like. When my supermarket is having their 2 for 1 chicken meat sale (or better yet the 3 for 1 sale!!).
I will stock up on lots of chicken, both white meat, and thigh meat. I like to cook up a bunch to use to make chicken soup and chicken salad.
Storing Chicken Salad
You will want to store this salad in the refrigerator. Otherwise, the salad will spoil in a few hours of being left out.
Just place in an airtight container and place in the fridge.
Can I Make This Salad in Advance
If you want to make this salad in advance you can, except for the avocado. Avocado will brown rather fast once you remove the core seed.
So you can prep all of the salad and store in the fridge. Then right before serving dice up the avocado and fold it gently into the salad.
You can squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the avocado to help it to brown slower.
Can I Leave The Meats Out of Recipe
If you are looking to make a meatless salad go ahead and leave the bacon and chicken out. It will alter the flavor but you could always eat as is.
Or for more protein add in some chickpeas that I’ve been drained and rinsed. Or even a black bean could make a nice protein option for a vegetarian.
Different Ways to Serve
- Lettuce Wraps | Reach for crisp lettuce wraps for a nice light and crunchy texture!
- Pitas | You can make homemade pitas or buy some. Fill up with the salad in the pocket and dive in. You could even add in extra lettuce, onions, etc.
- Rolls | Whether you enjoy a sweet Hawaiian roll or a butter style croissant, both would be incredible with this salad.
- Tortillas | Make a wrap with your favorite tortilla. Even reach for flavored ones to add even more flavors to your summer salad.
Does This Salad Freeze Well
Unfortunately due to the fresh produce used in the chicken bacon salad you can not freeze leftovers. Just reduce the ingredients to make a smaller salad if you need.
I have a larger family so it never goes to waste. But you can downsize the recipe very easily and it will taste just as good.
BLTA Chicken Salad is the most delicious bacon, lettuce tomato, avocado chicken salad you will ever try!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded and chopped
- 5 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, diced
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp each garlic & onion powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lettuce for wrapping
- Celery seasoning to taste, optional
- In a large bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Mix well.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, bacon and avocado. Stir to combine.
- Wrap in lettuce, enjoy!
*Also tastes amazing in Greek gyro pita bread or on sweet hawaiian rolls.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 496Saturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 31g