Picadillo is a traditional dish in many Latin American countries and the Philippines that is similar to hash. It is made with ground beef, tomatoes, and other ingredients that vary by region. Wikipedia This is the Cuban version Instant Pot Picadillo The Cuban version includes olives and is usually served with black beans and rice. You will definitely want to try our Instant Pot Black Beans ~ No Soak! They are super delicious.
My husband and boys loved this dish. It is a traditional Cuban comfort meal and it sure did the trick. We had a delicious family meal and even spent time after eating chatting. Those are the moments we all live for.
Instant Pot Picadillo is a delicious instant pot version of the traditional Cuban picadillo. This recipe so so delicious and easy to make. Ready in 15 minutes. Perfect busy night meal.
- 1-1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 large chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 can tomato, Fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 cup green olives
- 2 tbsp. green olive juice, from the jar
- 2 jalapeños diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp. red wine vin
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Press saute' button on your Instant Pot. Add your ground beef brown your meat and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon to break the meat up into small pieces.
- Once it is no longer pink add onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to combine
- Add the tomatoes, olives, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, raisins, cilantro, and olive brine.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and close your Instant Pot tab to sealing.
- Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once the time is up do . quick release.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 825mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g