Instant Pot Cheesy Cauliflower
Instant Pot Cheesy Cauliflower is globing to blow your mind in the flavor department. It is a head of cauliflower that is slathered with mayonnaise and mustard and seasoning and later topped with cheese. A great side dish or if you are vegetarian main dish!
We love cauliflower in our home! But steaming or roasting it kind of gets old. I wanted to step out of the classic methods and try something new!
So I used my Instant Pot for cooking in flavor and cooking it, then pile on the cheddar and toss in the oven and bake for a crispy texture.
Trust me, it is juicy, tender, and downright flavorful.
How to Serve Instant Pot Cheesy Cauliflower
Simply slice and serve! I have even in the past once I remove it from the Instant Pot slice it and then bake in the oven in wedges. It adds more caramelization to the cauliflower.
But if you bake it whole just slice into wedges. It offers a gorgeous presentation value.
What Meat Goes Well With Cauliflower
Cauliflower is versatile. So pair with steak, pork, or even chicken! It works well even with fish if you want.
But again, this is hearty enough alone, it’s a wonderful meatless option for a vegetarian.
Can I Use Parmesan Cheese instead of Cheddar
Of course. The one thing to watch on Parmesan is it will go from done to burnt fast so keep an eye on it in the oven. It will cook faster than cheddar.
So just make sure to really watch as it bakes to ensure you don’t overcook.
How to Store Leftover Instant Pot Cheesy Cauliflower
Store your cauliflower whole or cut it up and keep it in the fridge for up to three days. I feel this recipe stored incredibly well locking in the savory flavors.
To reheat just place on a plate and microwave or heat in the oven. I have also used the cauliflower cold to toss into pasta salads I have made or even sprinkled over a green salad.
Can I Freeze Cheesy Cauliflower
I can’t vouch and say yes it will work. Cauliflower itself freezes nice but the mayo and cheese could separate or curdle a bit in the freezing process. You are welcome to try but I can’t make any promises.
If you want to try freezing wrap the head of cauliflower in aluminum foil tightly, then place it in a freezer bag to store. This will help to prevent air from reaching it. Freeze up to three months.
The texture will be slightly off but thaw in the fridge the night before you want to eat, the heat in the microwave or oven.
Easy Cauliflower Side Dish
This is an incredibly easy cauliflower side dish that I think you and your family will enjoy. It’s a bit different from traditional recipes and that’s why we love it.
Have you tried Instant Pot Cheesy Cauliflower?
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Trim leaves from cauliflower head and wash. Place on trivet in your pot with 1/2 - 1 cup of water.
- If you can fit your cauliflower into a spring form pan or something like that to capture any mayonnaise mixture and cheese that slides off, use it. I made a low sided bowl out of aluminum foil for mine.
- Combine mayonnaise mustard, garlic powder, & onion powder. Brush 1/2 of the mixture on top of cauliflower. Slather it up good.
- Put cauliflower (in your pan or aluminum bowl) into your pot on top of the trivet.
- Close the lid, make sure it’s in the sealing position and turn toggle to seal.
- Press Pressure (it should automatically set to HIGH pressure). Set time to 1 minutes. Hit START. When finished do a quick release.
For an extra crispy finish
- Carefully remove your cauliflower head & place on a baking sheet.
- Slather the remainder of your mayonnaise mixture.
- Pour cheddar cheese over the mixture and pat it down a bit so it sticks.
- Place in the oven on broil until your cheese is starting to brown.