Instant Pot Candied Nuts
This is by far the easiest candied nuts recipe I have made over the years. Instant Pot Candied Nuts gives you that perfectly coated nut recipe that is seasoned with spices for incredible taste. Plus you have the option to add a little heat factor for that spicy and sweet combination.
My Instant Pot candied nuts use almonds, walnuts, cashews, and pecans. It is the perfect blend of nuts and is a great snack to break up the day. These candied nuts also make for an incredible holiday gift. Place in a tin, bag, and slap a label on it and gift away. A budget-friendly gift option.
Nuts are considered brain food, so I love finding ways to entice my family and myself to dive in. Granted I am adding sugar to them, but you still are able to take away the benefits from the nuts. Just remember since these are sugared up, just enjoy in moderation.
Do Candied Nuts Go Bad
Yes. All nuts go bad at some point or another. Store in an airtight container on a counter or pantry. Depending on your nuts will depend on shelf life but they can last around 2-4 weeks sitting out at room temperature. I think depending on the quality of nuts as well could change the date of going bad, so always use your best judgment.
Can You Freeze Candied Nuts
You can freeze these nuts. Just allow them to cool completely and then pour into a bag or container that is freezer friendly. Then freeze for up to three months. Allow thawing at room temperature before serving.
Can I Make This Recipe With Just Almonds
If you don’t want to do a variety of nuts, you are totally welcome to do just almonds or even walnuts. Whatever nut you are thinking it will work to use all of the same types of nut instead of a variety like I did. It will cook the same.
Could You Use Corn Syrup in Replace of Syrup
Unfortunately, corn syrup doesn’t seem to set up and dry properly. It stays a tacky texture and it just doesn’t seem to stand up to candied nuts.
Why Add Salt To Candied Nuts
I get asked why I am adding salt to my candied nuts. The salt really helps to bring out flavors and dimensions of these candied nuts. If you make it without the salt you will see they taste a bit lacking. Add in the salt and watch these nuts come to life in the flavor department.
Simple Candied Nuts
If you love buying candied nuts, skip waiting till a fair to get them. Make them at home using your Instant Pot and oven for that crunchy sweet nut that is incredibly irresistible to eat. You can totally thank me later. Cause once you make this, and see how easy it is, you will be addicted to making more nuts.
Have you tried Instant Pot Candied Nuts before?
- 4 cups plain & unsalted nuts (cashews, pecans, walnuts, almonds etc)
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional for some kick)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- SUGAR COATING
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Turn Instant Pot onto saute. Add nuts, syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Saute for about 5-10 minutes. Stir constantly to prevent burning.
- Turn saute off. Add 1/2 cup of water. Close the lid, make sure it’s in the sealing position.
- Press Pressure (it should automatically set to HIGH pressure). Set time to 10 minutes. Hit START.
- While nuts are cooking, preheat oven to 350° F.
- When timer is up, do a quick release. Give the nuts a good stir. Pour onto a non stick baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes then take out and flip. Place nuts back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- When the timer is up, take nuts out and allow them to cool completely. Enjoy!
- While nuts are pressure cooking, add sugars and cinnamon to a gallon size plastic bag. Shake up to mix.
- Take nuts out of the oven and cool about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour nuts into plastic bag.
- Coat the nuts in two batches if you can not fit them all in at once.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 387 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 224mg Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 29g Protein: 9g