Instant Pot Beef Stew is another one of those life-changing recipes. Most of us have made traditional beef stew and are familiar with the long cooking times. Beef stew is not something I would normally make during the week but now with this Instant Pot Beef Stew, I can make it any night of the week I want! I absolutely love that! I love soup and stew. I could eat soup or stew every night for dinner. Serve it with salad and bread and it is a delicious filling meal.
My boys have been raised loving soup as well. I learned early on that one of the easiest ways to get my boys to eat ANY vegetables was to put it into soup. I have loaded this stew up with vegetables.
I love to load up soups with vegetables, another one of my favorite soups is my Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup. What a delicious vegetable twist.
Instant Pot Beef Stew made in less than an hour. Loaded with vegetables and the meat is moist and tender.
- 1-2 pounds stew beef cut into 1” cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons diced garlic
- 1 small diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, optional
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 packet of Beefy Mushroom soup mix
- 6 russet potatoes cut into 1” cubes
- 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- Steps 1-5: Add beef to a small bowl and add 1 tablespoon oil and mix with beef. Add flour and salt and pepper and toss to coat beef.
- Step 6: Set Instant Pot to sauté function.
- Steps 7-11: Add butter and remainder of olive oil and allow to sizzle. Add garlic, onion and celery and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 12: Add beef and brown, but do not cool all the way through.
- Steps 13-15: Add beef stock, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce.
- Steps 16-18: Add soup mix, dry mustard and Italian seasoning.
- Step 19: Add tomato sauce
- Step 20: Add mixed vegetables.
- Steps 21-22: Add potatoes and stir to combine ingredients.
- Step 23: Set Instant pot to Beef function for 35 minutes. Make sure venting is turned off and close lid. Allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes. Release remainder of pressure by venting Instant Pot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 1056mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 28g