Tomato and Watermelon Salad
Tomato and watermelon salad is a popular and crave-worthy salad to make during watermelon season. Freshly sliced watermelon, savory tomatoes, rich feta cheese, and more.
If you love trying new sides, here are even more to consider making. Country Cucumbers or try my cilantro lime rice!
Tomato And Watermelon Salad,
This Tomato and Watermelon Salad is such a delicious summertime treat. This is such a light delicious treat that is the perfect end to a really beautiful hot summer day. I love to grab a bowl and sit out on my front porch in my rocking chair. Either with a glass of Raspberry Iced Tea or Apple Pie Iced Tea.
How to Pick A Ripe Watermelon
Sweet, brightly colored watermelons are the best. But if you don’t know how to pick a good one the flavor might fall flat.
Here are tips to help you pick a rope and fresh watermelon.
- Pick a watermelon that is heavy for its size. Pick up a few to compare weight for size.
- You want to look for a yellow patch close to edge. This means the watermelon ripened in the vine.
- Also look for a watermelon that has no soft spots or pale colored all around.
Thank you Pexels for the use of this image.
How to Make Cucumber Watermelon Salad
Step 1: To start your will work in preparing the cucumbers, watermelon and tomatoes.
Step 2: Place all three veggies and fruit in the bowl. Add in your herbed feta cheese.
Step 3: In a small bowl you will make your vinegarette dressing. Once we’ll mixed pour over the watermelon salad.
Sprinkle with chopped basil and serve!
Do You Peel Cucumbers
If you are using English cucumbers you can skip peeling. They have a thinner skin and are not bad to eat.
Regular cucumbers on the other hand have a lot thicker skin and tend to be too chewy. So it is recommended to peel but if you want the skin go ahead and leave it on.
You will need to store your watermelon salad in the fridge in an airtight container. This salad is best when eaten fresh.
You will find the watermelon tends to soften up pretty fast once you pour the dressing over the top.
I tend to make this up right before I serve. You can prep the watermelon and have in a bowl ready to go as well as tomatoes.
Then just add in your cheese and drizzle with homemade dressing.
Does This Salad Freeze
Sadly, no. Watermelon especially will become a soggy mess once you freeze and thaw.
I wish it was freezer friendly so we could eat more of it year-round. But unfortunately, I don’t recommend freezing.
So don’t wait and give this feta watermelon salad a try. A fantastic snack, side for your summer cookout, weeknight meal, and more. I think you will love it!
Tomato and Watermelon Salad
Delicious Tomato and Watermelon Salad is the perfect summer salad. Delicious combination of sweet crisp flavors mixed with the saltiness of feta cheese.
- 3 cup Tomatoes
- 3 cup Watermelon chunks
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 6 0z Herbed feta cheese
- 1/8 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- Fresh chopped basil
- Salt to taste
- Begin by slicing a variety of different tomatoes into small wedges. You will need 3 cups total. The visual appeal of this salad is better when using a variety of shapes and colors of tomatoes. Place the sliced tomatoes into a large mixing or serving bowl.
- Slice the watermelon chunks into smaller pieces, and add them to the bowl with the sliced tomatoes.
- Cut ½ of a cucumber into small chunks, and add those to the mixing bowl as well.
- Pour 6 ounces of herbed feta cheese into the mixture, and combine well.
- Into a small bowl, pour the olive oil.
- Add the red wine vinegar into the small bowl with the olive oil, and whisk to combine them well.
- Pour the mixed vinaigrette over the tomato and watermelon mixture in the large mixing/serving bowl, and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle some fresh chopped basil onto the salad and add salt to taste if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Saturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g