This Tomato and Watermelon Salad is such a delicious summertime treat. This is such a light delicious treat that is the perfect end to a really beautiful hot summer day. I love to grab a bowl and sit out on my front porch in my rocking chair. Either with a glass of Raspberry Iced Tea or Apple Pie Iced Tea. There is no sweeter place I want to be than on my porch rocking in my chair after a long hot day.
For me, this salad is the perfect reason to visit my local farmers market. For some of you, hopefully, it is a good use of some delicious garden treats.
Delicious Tomato and Watermelon Salad is the perfect summer salad. Delicious combination of sweet crisp flavors mixed with the saltiness of feta cheese.
- 3 cup Tomatoes
- 3 cup Watermelon chunks
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 6 0z Herbed feta cheese
- 1/8 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- Fresh chopped basil
- Salt to taste
- Begin by slicing a variety of different tomatoes into small wedges. You will need 3 cups total. The visual appeal of this salad is better when using a variety of shapes and colors of tomatoes. Place the sliced tomatoes into a large mixing or serving bowl.
- Slice the watermelon chunks into smaller pieces, and add them to the bowl with the sliced tomatoes.
- Cut ½ of a cucumber into small chunks, and add those to the mixing bowl as well.
- Pour 6 ounces of herbed feta cheese into the mixture, and combine well.
- Into a small bowl, pour the olive oil.
- Add the red wine vinegar into the small bowl with the olive oil, and whisk to combine them well.
- Pour the mixed vinaigrette over the tomato and watermelon mixture in the large mixing/serving bowl, and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle some fresh chopped basil onto the salad and add salt to taste if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Saturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g