This slow cooker breakfast soup is one of our favorites. I am a soup fanatic. My boys have grown up eating and loving soup. The quickest and easiest way to get your kids to eat vegetables is in soup!
I love making this soup as a treat for my family because it is so different from the normal chicken noodle soup. This soup has all the things in it that you love to have for breakfast. Eggs, sausage, potatoes, and bacon. Yummy! I may need to go warm up a bowl while I am writing this.
It is super easy to put together in the crock pot and have it cooking on a nice chilly day. Finish it off with some scrambled eggs and bacon and you have a nice warm hearty dinner.
Watch this video for no fail results:
A delicious Sandra Lee semi-homemade breakfast fro dinner soup.
- 1 Package, 16 ounce Sweet Italian Sausage, cut into bite sized pieces. Can substitute with hot italian sausage or breakfast sausage.
- 2 Cups Diced Potatoes
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 TSP Chopped Garlic
- 1 Packet Hollandaise Sauce Mix, such as Knorr
- 1/2 Cup Cooked Bacon, crumbled (or more if you like)
- 4 Eggs, scrambled
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine sausage, potatoes, and diced tomatoes.
- In a bowl, add chicken broth, garlic and hollandaise mix. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- While cooking, scramble eggs and cook bacon. Crumble bacon. Set eggs and bacon aside.
- After 4 hours, add scrambled eggs and bacon. Serve with biscuits or warm crusty bread. Enjoy!
Adapted from Slow Cooker Recipes 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Saturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 965mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gProtein: 10g