This is a sponsored post with Mums the Word Network and Doctor on Demand. All opinions are my own
Summer is almost here for us. As a stay at home Mom summer is both exciting and chaotic at the same time. My boys and I will be spending lots of time at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor. I had this genius idea last summer to buy season passes for my family so that we can spend lots of time enjoying the water rides and having some great family time. It really is a great idea and I am grateful that my boys and I will have all this quality time together but there is the worry wart side of me that worries about accidents and mishaps.
The big joke in my house is about what a worry wart I am but there is some truth to my worrying. Did you know that there are 10 noted perils of summer.
- Bee Sting – Ouch! Bees, wasps, hornets and other stinging bugs are sometimes unavoidable.
- Sunburn – Protect your skin from the sun, and avoid the most severe UV rays between 10am-4pm.
- Concussions – A concussion can result from a blow to the body or head, such as a fall from a swing set.
- Poison Oak & Ivy – In the woods everything is green and leafy and… poisonous? Some plants really make you itch.
- Jellyfish – They’re not really fish, and they don’t attack. But their tentacles pack a painful and potent venom.
- Tick bites – Lyme disease and other complications can arise from a nasty little tick bite. Ask a doctor.
- Sunstroke – Kids and seniors are at higher risk for heat exhaustion and sunstroke. Be aware.
- Sports Injuries – After a long winter, we’re in a rush to get outdoors. Sometimes leading to a trip and fall.
- Burns – Accidents can happen when we’re around campfires or BBQ grills. Get treatment right away.
- Kids bumps and bruises – Sometimes it’s a minor scrape, but it may be a more serious bruise. Let’s have a look.
Hey stuff happens. It is normal for us Moms to worry so why not be prepared this summer if one of these perils should happen to strike. Doctors are always just a few taps away, no matter where you are this summer. Download the Doctors on Demand app on either your iPhone, iPad, Android, or your desktop. I have mine downloaded on my Android and I must say I feel a true sense of relief.
My youngest to put it midly, is a clutz. NO thanks to a fall I was faced with a son with a twisted ankle, very recently. I was pretty confident it was not broken but wanted to have it looked at. We had a wonderful chat with a doctor at Doctor on Demand, confirmed it was just a sprain. With rest and extra Mommy TLC he was back on the ball field in no time. My sense of relief was priceless.
At Doctor On Demand they provide fast, easy and cost-effective access to some of the best doctors, psychologists, and other healthcare providers in the country. Patients can have Video Visits with these providers on your smartphone or computers at any time of day.
They do this without making any sacrifices on quality. All providers are carefully screened and trained to conduct Video Visits.
Doctors on Demand started with Board-Certified Physicians, who can treat nearly any medical problem. They now offer access to Licensed Psychologists, who provide help for a tremendous range of mental and emotional health concerns. And their Lactation Consultants provide invaluable support to moms as they navigate the critical first months of their babies’ lives. I can not tell you how helpful this along would have been to me when my youngest was a baby.
I highly recommend that you download the app on your phone right now. You never know when you may need their service but chances are when you need it, you may be in a tiny bit of a panic. It is always better to be safe then sorry. Prepared vs. not and I have great news for you, with this coupon code you will get your first visit FREE. Use the code LIFESTYLE. Code expires on July 15.