I have been having a great time coming up with new white hot chocolate drinks. They have been a real hit and I love when you guys really love something. It always inspires me to think of more recipes that you will love equally. This peppermint white hot chocolate is a copycat of Starbucks peppermint white hot chocolate. Minus the expensive price and inconvenience of running to go get it.
I am using one of the easiest homemade hot chocolate recipes making it extra easy to enjoy a cup of homemade.
This was such a refreshing treat and made me feel all warm and cozy. Next time I make it, I think a nice roaring fire would be the perfect setting for it.
You can break up your own candy canes or buy the all ready broken Peppermint Crunch Sprinkles. Both are delicious!
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 TSP Peppermint Extract
- Whipped Cream
- Peppermint Crunch Sprinkles or Broken Candy Cane Pieces
- In a small pot over med/low heat...heat the milk and white chocolate chips. Bring to a simmer, stirring the whole time. Do not bring to a boil.
- Stir until all the chocolate chips have fully melted. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in peppermint extract.
- Serve with whipped cream and garnish with candy cane pieces.