Sharing is caring!
Peppermint White Hot Chocolate is the perfect way to warm up on a cold winter day. Baby, it is cold outside and this peppermint hot chocolate is incredible. Whip this up for a homemade hot chocolate for your family and friends.
I have been having a great time coming up with new white hot chocolate drinks. They have been a real hit and I love it when you guys really love something. It always inspires me to think of more recipes that you will love equally.
Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
This peppermint white hot chocolate is a copycat of Starbucks peppermint white hot chocolate. Minus the expensive price and inconvenience of running to go get it.
I am using one of the easiest homemade hot chocolate recipes making it extra easy to enjoy a cup of homemade. This was such a refreshing treat and made me feel all warm and cozy. Next time I make it, I think a nice roaring fire would be the perfect setting for it.
You can break up your own candy canes or buy the already broken Peppermint Crunch Sprinkles. Both are delicious! Feel free to use what you have and enjoy the peppermint crunch.
Why Is This Copycat Starbucks Peppermint White Hot Chocolate The Best
- Simple Ingredients | This recipe is crazy simple to make. It uses simple ingredients so that you don’t have to search high and low for ingredients.
- Christmas Drink For Family | You can serve this as a drink for the whole family! No alcohol needed for this tasty drink. And if you want you can add a splash of vodka for a boozy twist if you felt the urge.
- Quick | This takes almost no time to make and ladle up into mugs. Just as fast as ordering at your favorite coffee shop!
- Affordable | Skip the pricy coffee shop and make a batch to enjoy more than once or to serve a crowd!
Best White Chocolate For White Chocolate Hot Chocolate
You want to buy quality chocolate. Since it is the main ingredient if you buy cheaper chocolate you will taste the difference. For a rich and pure taste buy quality chocolate to use in this recipe.
Peppermint White Hot Chocolate Cooking Tips
- Temperature | Heat on low if you go to heating on high you can scold or burn your hot chocolate mixture. Which if that happens you will have to toss out and re-start.
- Stir Often | Make sure you stir often. The reason being is this is going to help give you that creamy and smooth texture. Otherwise, you will end up with clumps in your drink. If you get drinks to use a whisk to try and whip them up so it breaks apart.
How To Store Leftover Hot Chocolate
If you have leftover hot chocolate just pour into a container and store it in the fridge. You could place in a pitcher and then store for up to 3-4 days. Then when you want a cup just warm it up in the microwave or even on the stovetop. Just stir often to ensure it heats evenly.
If you find your hot chocolate has separated, then grab a whisk and stir it up before you pour it. This is what I do and it will re-incorporate the mixture.
Can I Double This White Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Yes, you sure can. You can whip this up and make as much or as little as you would like. Just make sure that you have a large enough pan to hold it all.
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 TSP Peppermint Extract
- Whipped Cream
- Peppermint Crunch Sprinkles or Broken Candy Cane Pieces
- In a small pot over med/low heat...heat the milk and white chocolate chips. Bring to a simmer, stirring the whole time. Do not bring to a boil.
- Stir until all the chocolate chips have fully melted. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in peppermint extract.
- Serve with whipped cream and garnish with candy cane pieces.
Sharing is caring!