Instant Pot Penne Alla Vodka is a classic Italian pasta dish that is loaded with rich flavors in each bite. This pressure cooker Penne Alla Vodka cooks in just 4 minutes in your Instant Pot for the ultimate easy pasta recipe.
This Instant Pot Penne alla Vodka is such a special dish for me that I had to share it with you all. Many, many years ago when I was starting my official adulthood life, I discovered I really enjoyed cooking.
Having a lot of Italian heritage, I seemed to be drawn to cooking a lot of Italian dishes. I was not raised in a household where we cooked a lot since my Mom was busy being a single Mom (a pretty darn amazing one too!). So, cooking was really pretty new to me and the feeling that you get from cooking was especially new to me. I was just learning that there is a LOVE to cooking and it brought me such a wonderful sense of satisfaction when I was able to recreate a delicious dish.
Instant Pot Penne Alla Vodka
Penne alla Vodka was one of the first dishes that I cooked that really blew my mind. This was one of my favorite dishes and now I was able to cook it at home. This was mind-blowing! I started to host lots of dinner parties because this was just becoming way too much fun. I became pretty well known for my Penne all Vodka, it was definitely my signature dish.
Being able to make Instant Pot Penne Alla Vodka just makes me extra happy. Especially when the results are just as delicious as ever!
Tips For Making Perfect Penne Alla Vodka In Instant Pot
- Cover the Noodles | Ensure the noodles are covered in liquid. This will make sure that the pasta is tender and perfectly cooked. If you have some pasta that is out of the liquid it can be dry and hard. So cover just enough to ensure all the dry pasta is under the water.
- Saute | It is imperative you saute the onions and garlic. This is going to give your dish the ultimate flavor. I love sauteed onions and garlic, it brings out such richness in any dish you cook.
- Quick Release | With any pasta dish, you want to quick release your pressure cooker. The reason being is if you naturally release you will find it over-cooks pasta making it mush. So once your time is up, head over and quickly release the pressure.
- Dairy | You will want to stir in the heavy cream and parmesan once the dish is cooked. Heavy cream will curdle and not cook right under pressure. So you always want to stir it in once the dish is finished cooking.
What Type Of Pasta To Use for Penne Alla Vodka
You will find that the pasta almost everyone uses is penne, hence the name. Now, if you don’t have a penne you could substitute another type of smaller pasta. Bowtie, shells, rigatoni all could work in replace of the penne.
Does The Vodka Cook Out When Making Penne Alla Vodka
Yes, the vodka will cook out of the dish entirely. You won’t have a boozy flavor to your pasta if that is what you are worried about. I have found you can leave the vodka out entirely if you want. Now, the vodka does transform the flavor a bit, so I always like to add it in.
It is safe to use vodka in the pressure cooker. Like with Everclear when I make my moonshine, you mix that in later. It is flammable and not safe in a pressure cooker. But vodka is indeed safe.
Instant Pot Penne alla Vodka is such a delicious creamy treat that takes 4 minutes to cook in your instant pot.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 TBSP fresh basil
- 1 TBSP Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 TBSP Sugar
- 1/2 cup vodka, optional
- 1 26 ounce box chopped tomatoes
- 2 15 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Turn IP on to Saute mode. Once hot add oil.
- Add onions, garlic.Mix well and cook for about. 2 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce and fresh basil.
- Add sugar & Italian seasoning.
- Add in water.
- Add vodka.
- Add in Pasta and press down so that it is completely covered in sauce.
- Cover and cook on manual high for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Add the heavy cream. peas and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 525Saturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 707mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 6gSugar: 13gProtein: 16g